99 LS400 no rear mufflers and mod intake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
That's gotta be real noisy with just deleted mufflers and nothing more.....

That would be news me if he removed the mufflers and didn't ad any resonators or any other silencing parts to the exhaust system and the noise was manageable.....Something is a miss here...

I ran my SC400 without the stock mufflers one time and it sounded like a tractor...I don't see how an LS400 would be any different...

I am wondering if there were any other modifications done to the stock exhaust system or if the video sound clip was not a clear indication to what the sound really is like?

Nice throaty note. Wonder how it sounds with some load on the motor?

John,

Some time we will get together and I will pull them off so you can get a first hand impression. Takes me less than 10 minutes to do.

The car is just not loud. Louder yes, loud... no.

The video is accurate. I was actually surprised when I did mine as the center mufflers are pretty effective silencers. They actually had blueing due to hot spots so that to me spells restriction.

Here is a picture of the stock center mufflers off my car. Notice the blueing right after the pipes enter the sides of the housings. Also notice the blueing at the Y diverging section indicating heat due to restriction. Oddly enough with this section removed the car did not get faster but got a LOT louder.

Also, I do not consider removing the rear mufflers as increasing power just reducing weight.

Ok John, I'll take your word for it... I didn't take into account for a center muffler on the LS400's...It still suprises me that it still wouldn't be much louder......No rear mufflers and just open tail pipes, Wow!!!