'95 Lexus SC400 Drift Build

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RotaSpinna

Bought this car about a month or so ago from someone on a local Houston club website. Car has 272k on the clock and runs great, but the auto trans slips terribly. After finishing parting out my LS1 FC RX7(never finished), getting through the holidays, and working some overtime I'm finally ready to start work on this car. Hoping it will be my LAST build and will spend more time making it to every event I can.

Key points for buying this car:
-I've always wanted an SC
-It's already V8
-Possibility to go 4.3 or 4.7
-It's black, so it matches all the other shop cars :)
-Brad Burnett is my hero(1UZ swapped AE86)
-It's already V8
-The Supra stand-alone EMS are easily adapted
-It's already V8
-I work at Toyota, so parts are easy to come by

I've already ordered my W58 transmission swap kit from Brandon @ www.1uzfeswapkit.com and plan on ordering other specific 1UZ parts from Lextreme.

Here are some pictures from H240 when I first went to purchase...

2en8g77.jpg
28saozr.jpg
23vlrhs.jpg
35n669e.jpg
pyu7q.jpg

I will be trying to update as fast as possible!

Thanks,

Andrew

This is genuinely what I would like to do. I started a thread in the engine build section about calculating compression ratio and also one about the 1.2UZ swap in general. It seems that custom pistons are the ONLY solution for keeping a close to stock compression ratio(10-10.5:1) with the 2UZ block :/ Especially if you use the 1UZ crank...

If you have anything to add in that discussion, PLEASE feel free to :)

I didn't realize this before, but yours is a 95, so you've already got the 10.4:1 (I think) right?

If anything, a set of headers and exhaust should probably put you close to the 260 RWHP if not more with a manual gear box behind her. I never dyno'ed my 92, but with the W58 behind it and when I had the 4.08 rear, it made one heck of a difference.

The black interior must be in high demand, cause it is going fast! haha

2pot6k1.jpg

Also pretty cool that the gas tank location from the factory...

14y7jox.jpg

Goals for this month:
1. Gutting and prepping interior
2. Fabricate an exhaust and intake system.
3. Pull and overhaul engine(bearings, studs, gaskets, etc.)

Thanks,

Andrew

No pictures to update with, but got a lot done. Finished getting EVERYTHING out of the interior and trunk. Hopefully I will start getting all the sound deadening out next week and prep for cage!

In the following weeks I should have some updates that included test fitting the W58 kit with clutch and mounting as well as pulling the engine and disassembling!

Thanks,

Andrew

Does the CSI feed come from the front crossover fuel line or the rear? Didn't see anything on the front line. May have to just pull off the manifold? I'll be doing that over the weekend most likely anyways.

I believe off the top of my head that it's off of the drivers side fuel rail. amother way to tell also is if you have cast or billet fuel rails. Billet rails are on the first gen engines.

Did a compression check today....and it was LEGENDARY!!!!!

FSM says 178psi is top notch. My SC with 272,XXX MILES showed between 160-170 across the board. SO cool :)

Ready to pull it and install ACL bearings, ARP studs, and LEXTREME valve springs :)