93 LS 400 has trouble starting

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

DNTOEARTHMAN

When the air temp is above 50 deg's or so the car will not start untill several revolutions, You can turn it off and it fires right back off as long as it dosn't sit for a couple of hour's, when it's cold outside it always fires right up. This fine car has about 207,000 K and is in very good shape, I am having a little front end and pwr steering issues and I am wondering if I should just sell Her, Is she worth putting a couple of $K in it ???????????

Do you mean when the outside temp is hotter than 50 F, then it won't start? Usually it doesn't start when it's cold. Anyway, try to clean the throttle body first. When the car is already warmed up to its normal temp, spray carburator cleaner directly into the throttle body. You'll need to raise up the RPM so it won't stall. You'll need to do it until it's clean and burned off. There'll be a lot of black smoke as well due to the burning chemical.

The next thing that I'd worry is changing the starter. 207K miles seem like an old age for the starter. It's a PITA to change out the starter on this car, but it can be done at home, if you have some basic tools, some mechanical skills, and 4-5 hours.

If changing the starter won't help, then it could be a faulty Idle Air Control Valve.

By the way, check your battery voltage when it doesn't start.

Ls 400

Thanks for the response !! I changed the starter a couple of years ago. The engine always turns over it just will not run untill several !! revolutions when the outside air temp is warm 50 or so deg's on up, on the initial start, at that point it will restart no problem untill it set for a few hours then the gost re-appears, I did clean Throttle body and intake recently but it's so cold out I have not had any prob's, lately!! I wonder if there is a temp sensor ( 1 of them )problem. thanks again.

Temp sensor shouldn't cause that problem. It can either throw a check engine light or cause the temp needle to not read accurately. Have you done a major tune-up including filter, coils check-up, sparkplug & wires....etc?

I have done plugs wires, no coil check, I will dig into it a little futher when I get some warm weather, fixin to get slamed with weather here in MID TN, Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!

I now remember I had a weird similar symptom like that. It turned out to be a bad battery. When the outside is hot, it couldn't start. I replaced the battery and it's fine.