91 Ls 400 ignition timing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
You can't alter timing on the factory ecu.
I'm actually thinking of making an adjustable setup for the crank angle sensor.
Just to alter the timing 2-4 degrees.
Give it a bit more pep for us boys who run premium fuel.

Thoughts?

the problem i have is trying to identify the source of back fire , the story is i have 91 ls 400 with 149,000 miles purchased used a year and half ago everything works well engine and trans then one day the water pump leak so i replaced the water pump and since i was gonna open the engine i decided to change all the major maintenance parts, timing belt , cam seals, valve cover gasket , idlers , tensioner, thermostat , toyota ignition wires , cap and rotors , spark plugs,air filter pcv...( also cleaned throttle with rag and throttle body cleaner , did not remove throttle body) ( found out also that evrything was still original parts never been serviced)
i set the timing belt just like in the procedure that was in the manual that was posted here, crank at " 0 " and 2 cams aligned with the engine timing marks , rotated the engine several times and timing marks still right on the money put back all together start engine engine idles well , road test it felt not picking up when going up hill and started back fire and noticed trans fluid burning hot ( pulling trans dip stick )
i thought trans needs flush so i changed the trans filter and type iv toyota fluid about
3 quarts and checked cooler lines ok. road test still back fire and not picking up the accelarator, continued my trouble shooting , on idle i have around 15 vacuum, ,my vacuum gauge does not fluctuate so it is not sticky valve and raise rpm 2000 hold for 1 minute vacuum did not change so it is not clogged converter but i think 15 vacuum is on the border line to be normal in idle....
anyway i checked the ignition coils and saw the one in the left side is kind of greasy kind of melting even after cleaning so i replaced both ignition coils and road test it and still have the back fire on high rpm on steady and car not picking up when load with A/c or trans on drive....so i thought i need to adjust the ignition timing ..
please advise...

btw when i removed the timing belt , crank at "0" the 2 cam pulley's mark are a little inward from the engine timing marks about a tooth....is this how lexus do the cam shaft timing ....may be i need to put it a tooth in on both cams please advise.....