8 throttle body induction

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tmiller

yes

340i said:
has anyone done a conversion to 8 throttle bodies, as i have bought two sets of quad throttle bodies off AE101 toyota Levin (20 valve model) and am going to have them adapted soon. any advice or opinions welcome. such as, is having 8 filters better than having a plenum made too and then having only one big filter???

I have put an article on the forum detailing our website where you can veiw the manifolds etc and if you live in Auckland NZ,we can show you car setup. running live with awesome induction noise and wicked performance.

VISIT: 1uzquadcam.co.nz

Cheers

Tony mobile 021 344 375

imamadmanru said:
I have a friend who has adapted 8 commodore throttle bodies to his mid mount kit car with no problems what so ever. He works for / owns Easy motors engine reconditioning on the central coast NSW.
Small world, I actually know the owner builder of this car quite well also.
It is a GT40 Replica with a 1uzfe and a porsche transaxle.
Sorry to blow the eight commodore throttle bodys story out of the water but thats not quite true.
Al made his own throttle bodys out of billet aluminium and they are about 32mm. How do I know ? I was looking at them today. Sorry Imamadmanru.
You may be confused with his Torana race car wich has 8 commodore throttle bodys but that is a Chev V8.

8 holes on top

I have a 8 throttle body setup on mine have yet to get it running there is pictures in the stack thread hiding further down and in the 1uzfe in a 32ford hotrod link where ever that is hiding now

I visted Tony last night and I think his setup is better and certainly a better price than what I have Plus they already have it working

I think the silver top throttle bores are 40mm, whilst the black tops are 43mm.

40mm would be the smallest I'd go.

I have a 2JZGE with ITBs and they are 48mm. With all the supporting mods, I'm hoping they will be the right size. The improvement in mid range response even on the standard engine was phenomenal and the induction noise at 7000 rpm is magnificent.

For MAP, you run a small vacuum line from each throttle to a vacuum cannister and sense the pressure from there. This will stop the wild oscillations in pressure you would expect to get from just sensing pressure from one throttle.

For AFM, you make a sealed box like a plenum. Make a big hole out the front of the box and mount the AFM over thaat so there is some way to sense flow. The 1UZ uses the Karman Vortex stlye AFM so there is no flap to restrict flow.

In reality, most guys run aftermarket ECUs and just use throttle opening as load (what I did).

That makes sense, thanks :)

For MAP, you run a small vacuum line from each throttle to a vacuum cannister and sense the pressure from there. This will stop the wild oscillations in pressure you would expect to get from just sensing pressure from one throttle.

This is what I thought would be done.. hehe, but you dont know for sure unless you ask.

Thanks dude,
Nathan