5.2L Swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Looks super clean David, do you have a thread about the 5.2l motor? Or can you summarise what's in it?
John,

To make the story short. This stroker was sold to Australia but the customer return due to a minor defect. We fixed at no time. The block was resleeve to accept 3.72":

Piston Diameter = 3.720 Inches
Engine Stroke = 3.562 Inches
Cubic Inches Displacement 309.713
Liters Displacement 5.073L

Originally we were going to put in 3.75" bore but we couldn't find the proper sleeve for them. 3.75" bore with 3.562" Stroke makes a very close 5.2L. So now we are stuck with the code name 5.2L but in calculation is it only a 5.1L. Without disclosing too much there are alot of copy cat out there. The rods are custom made specifically for this stroker kit. I had 4-5 set and they are all gone.

The block got ARP 10mm head studs mate with original Toyota Tundra MLS head gaskets and stock main studs. The obvious forged pistons with forged custom H Beam rods along with ACL bearings. The rods also got ARP 2000 rod bolts. Balanced and blue printed.

Besides the shortblock everything is stock except the torque converter. Compression is about 10:1 and it has a future plan of low boost M112 with possible AEM control. Finally goal will be around 400-450 rwhp. This is a complete daily.

I would estimate of 250-265 rwhp with around 280-310 rwtq in NA form. If I have time this week, I will try the bypass method to fire it up.

With 5 litres i won't need high boost :)

Although, with a crank girdle to help support the block, tough sleeves, steel HG and head studs it would still be good for 15psi surely...there's 400+rwkw right there :)

Alright guys. The beast fired up and ran like nothing was changed. The engine turned for 2 seconds and it fired up. It idles like completely stock. No leaking of fluids or anything. No CEL or any type of indicator light. This is a fantastic swap. We are still trying to solve the shifter linkage issue but as you can see in the video. The engine is awesome. The sound, the idle and look complete oem. Please see the video and positive comments will be greatly appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gBmCi6WRvA

Thanks bro... I hired a mobile mechanic today. Diagnosis was $120 and labor was $130. We bend the shifter and he had problem getting the shift in the right gear. Nevertheless, he never diagnosis the problem. We decided to use a push to start button as a bypass.

Nice...Exciting! The car should chirp the tires easily at launch. Throw a low-mild boost supercharger in it and call it done. It'll surprise many sports cars on the street.

I just love the fact that when someone beats up a smaller.... lighter car it's being done by a "Family Sedan" LOL. thats really why my LS has lasted the last 5 years. Just great asthetics, can't wait to see this beast soon.

I just test-drove this 5.2L today and all I could say is it's amazing. It drives just like stock and smooth like a Lexus. I didn't want to floor it yet because it needs some break-in.

Lots of time & effort into this so congrats on the install.
Very much looking forward to hearing the performance #'s!

Cool, I'm amazed the stock ECU handles the 5.2L without issue. Do you think a 10.5:1 compression would work with the stock ECU? I want to drop in a stroker short block that the stock ECU can deal with until I work over the heads at which time I will go with aftermarket ECU.

Stock ecu can handle some changes. It can take up to 9psi of boost, or a larger cubic inches. All your doing is increasing the amount of air the engine can breathe so all thats needed to "adjust" is a slight increase in fuel and your stock injectors/everything will handle it fine.