5.0 tranny swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

do92sc400

How about the possibility of swapping a tranny from a 5.0 (t-5 I believe). Can be found pretty cheap in the U.S. Plus from what I understand can take a lot of power.

Making a T5 adaptor to stock auto bellhousing would not be hard to do. I think that they actually exist. (cant remember where, but I am pretty positive I have seen one somewhere). They are not really that strong. They commonly shater 2nd and 3rd gear. The one to get is the 93 mustang cobra unit or the 99 and up v6 mustang units. They are world class units. better syncro's and I know the 93 cobra unit (not sure about the later v6 units) have a tapered roller bearing that supports between the input and main shaft which increases the torque holding capacity and decreases the likelly hood of shattering 2nd and 3rd gear. I am assuming that the late model V6 units have this also cause they are rated at 330ft/lbs torque as were the 93 cobra units. all the others are only like 250ft/lbs. One nice thing to note is that all Tremic units are under rated.

Having said that, the TKO500 or TKO600 would be a better choice.

Now if you have no intensions of surpassing 350 to 400ft/lbs of torque and you are fairly easy on the tranny, the T5 (93 cobra unit, or the late V6 unit) would be a pretty good choice of tranny.

The only thing that can create a small problem is that there is a very limited choice of clutch discs out there without have one costum made. It is hard to find a high friction disc that has the correct spline pattern for the tranny and correct diameter for the flywheel and pressure plate.

I know they are cheap and plentiful, but I don't think you should either. The world class that came out in the late 80's is rated to 300, but the Cobra trans was definetly tougher.

I think a r154 will handle more tq than a t-5 not the greatest tranny ever built. look out cuz theres a hand full of different t5s with different torque ratings

I was looking at this also, then decided that if the trans was marginal in a lighter Mustang, then it wouldn't survive in our heavier cars.
The R-154 moved into the spotlight, then I did some tuning, got some more power, and am happy again, for awhile.

I just got a package from Dellow. Jeff Dellow also called me and we talked for a while. Dellow have a conversion kit for Tremec 3550 and TKO.