4000GT - MKIV Supra 1UZ turbo - update

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
So its basically done... needs a tune. Thats about it.
Sorry for the crappy pics, but here is a turbo 1UZ Supra :)

n640914967_1522663_1864.jpg

n640914967_1522664_2216.jpg

n640914967_1522665_2542.jpg

Yeah made 331WHP at 5psi.

My rear subframe is sloppy and the driveshaft bounces around! I have am getting some nolathane mounts made... will wind up the boost on the next dyno run once the subframe is sorted.

Looking tops mate, love that intake pipe it looks so neat.

What's the breather up the back right for (right in pic)?

The limits of the stock cooler are pretty well known so troll a Supra forum FAQ i guess and you'll know for sure.

I have one in my shed and flow wise they look good....i reckon you put alloy end tanks on one and box it up as a A/W and you have a very good cooler indeed.

yeah everyone seem to put a very poorly ducted massive IC on their supra as the first mod! Im wont be running massive boost, and the lower pressure drop and short pipe routing makes me think it will be good for more than what the 2JZ guys get out of it. Proof in the pudding!

5psi doesn't even require an IC... I would guess if you upped to the IC you would drop down to 4psi from the increased space to fill. I bet your smic gets people trying to romp eh? I love smic setups because of the sleeper nature. "Oh hey a stock supra... I don't even see an IC, lets give it a try" and then the 5psi kicks in and they shut the hell up hehe. Nice project dude, veeeery clean! Is that the VVTi version your rocking?

thats the NON vvti... the VVTI came out in 98 to 00 in the 1uz, then after 01 to present or 05 or 06 it was a 3uz. His 1uz is ideal for a non built motor to run boost as those rods are thick as hell, the VVTI sacraficed the strength for more power making it closer to 300 or right at 300bhp so that NA is about all you'd want to do.

ha yeah non-vvti, I think if i went that way I would go NA monster like Ed did. So early model, and I think 10psi will put a decent smile on my face, its such a weird power in a big displacement V8, its just power everywhere. Its about getting it down to the ground now!