3sgte flywheel mod?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

ok so ive seen lots of mention of modifying a 3sgte flywheel to fit the 1uz but can someone layout all that needs to be done? thanks.

also what other maybe easyer alternitives to modifying a flywheel what companys will make one and who has then for sale. i see a few in testing phase but where would i get one today?

Like PeeWee said, its suicidal to drill on although many have done it with luck thus far, but I wouldnt take my chances. My legs are far to important to me. The the bolt circle diameter of the crank is larger on the 1uz then it is on the 3stge so the holes have to be elongated to match the bolt circle diameter of the 1uz, along with that, the ring gear teeth have to be tapered on the opposite side for proper started engaugement or the ring gear has to be changed insted.

You'ed be better off having one custom made or trying to get a new 3sgte on from an aftermarket manufacture without the holes drilled or and then have a local mechine shop drill the holes for you or get the manufacture to drill them for you.

If you did decide to mod a stock style 3stge flywheel, you'ed be safer starting with an aluminum or chromoly one being that they are less brittle then a cast iron and therefore less likely to crack or shater like a stock OEM one would.

ok well good we established that its not safe that is a good thing sence i never saw mention of this anywhere else on the site. but everyone missed my 2nd part of the question...

what unnamed and possably top secret company can i call, email, write to, browse to, yell at, send smoke singnals twords, connect two cans and some string with, play a song two, direct my radio satalite transmitter at, so i can order the so mentioned and aparently 350$ flywheel that will bolt to the 1uz.

IIRC there is a place in the us that specializes in toyota trucks. The currently have a flywheel/clutch combo for ~400 and the flywheel alone was ~$200. last I checked they were working on bellhousings. For the life of me I cant remember the name of the place.

Attachments

• LexVrb26dresize.jpg
    LexVrb26dresize.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 105
  • LexinEngBay10resize.jpg
    LexinEngBay10resize.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 86