3S-GTE heads on 1UZ-FE?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
am aware of what this thread is all about, however thinking out the box is the 1st step to being ahead of every one else, of witch self am a big fan off!!
reinventing the wheel, well perhaps, however as has been said, it usually leads to other great ideas!!

the final push to posting the reply, was the reference to the Ford V6 Essex, and know what was said!!
FYI Cosworth, made aluminum heads, quad cam 4 valves per cylinder belt driven set up for the V6 Essex!!

all these things start with what might be considered as a wild and wacky ideas!!

self believe nothing is impossible!!!

will give you guys another example, about 13 years ago, got involved in SPL, and when 1st reading the rules saw that the allowed voltage was 16V(years latter it changed to 18V), and when asking how to get an alternator to charge at that rate, was told over and over and over that I was smoking my cocks, and that it could not be done, kept on and on and on, and eventually was modifying alternators for others and making a few extra bucks!!

IMO every thing is possible!! unpractical, sometimes yes, stupidly expensive, sometimes yes, however still possible!!
like going to the moon!! not practical, unpractical stupidly expensive however still possible!!

:D:D

Yep like AFR, Twisted Wedge, Edelbrock, Holley, Canfield heads for the Detroit [U.S] engines...
I had to take a double take on the Essex V6 too..
I know it as the Cosworth 3.5...
Std Ford Essex heads are nothing special.. The chambers are in the piston also...
Much like the old 1600 Kent engine which "was" used in formula Fords...

you know what would be cool if it could fit.

A K22 head. That would really wake up a UZ motor. Would be absoultly insane. Pretty much race ready stock.

Has any one just added cams, inlet,springs, exhaust and GOOD tune??
What are the numbers to compare ?? If these heads can flow better with
bolt ons.. We MAY hot be giving them a fair go as near std...

Brad, you could be in luck. Many have referred to the 3S-GTE as a 2JZ-GTE minus two cylinders because the bore & stroke are the same in the two engines.

Now I don't know squat about 3S-GTE's, but IIRC, the bore spacing on the 2JZ's is 92mm, so it might follow that the 3S family is the same?

Someone correct me if you have better info.

That would be nice if it was. Im not thinking of head swapping or anything, but I may have just found a cheap, forged, stroked crankshaft for the the BMW M42/44...the toyota 5S-FE crank. forged from toyota, 91mm stroke, and I think the mains are a mm larger than m4*, which means they could be turned down to that size, the m4* series is 91mm bore spacing just like all bmw's inline 6s. The front snout would need to be modified for the bmw's chain drive, but there are multiple ways to accomplish that.

Currently the only stroked cranks available for the m4* are the diesel cranks from the euro cars, but in the states thats $800 and up. Toyota 5sfe cranks are available all day long on ebay for $250.

Hmmm.....it would be interesting

I know I've dredged this up from 5 years ago, but I'm sitting here bored to death. Daytime TV is about as exciting as having root canal treatment!

I've been looking into 105.5mm or 4.182" bore spacing and have found a few engines that would have better flowing heads than the 1UZ, if you don't mind early Chrysler Hemi or Poly engines,

I figure I have plenty of time on my hands so I'll keep searching.

Now how would we actuate the Hemi valves?

The weather doesn't help ..
Hmm it's going to be expensive ? I don't think there's a straight bolt on head..
Other than CNC machining ..
Look to compare ? 2j or Fords Miami heads ..

You DO like a challenge, don't you Rod? :)

Why don't you work on an economical way to convert the 1UZ to a flat plane crank and get Kevin @ Kelford's to make us an economical set of bumpsticks for it? Last I spoke with him he wanted $2K per stick to do it.

A 1UZ with the 2UZ heads should keep up with the pre-458 Ferraris, and sound just as sweet. Then when you add a blower or twin turbos........

I have always loved the idea of flat plane crank V8 engines and make something yourself. Only thing I discovered is the Audi V8 have the same bore spacing as the honda B vtec heads. That would make an awesome flatplane V8 combo :)

There's a twin cam Volvo that has a very close bore spacing, a B230/234 but I have no info on valve angles, but they weren't powerhouses in stock form.

Don't see perfect bore spacing as essential as you could offset bore the engine by 1mm or so and make it work with anything from 104.5mm to 106.5mm bore spacing.

I think thee are some Chrysler twin cam 4 cylinder heads (they make mirror image ones so would suit a V8) that could have potential.

See told you I was bored.

I have always loved the idea of flat plane crank V8 engines and make something yourself. Only thing I discovered is the Audi V8 have the same bore spacing as the honda B vtec heads. That would make an awesome flatplane V8 combo :)

Arnout, help me figure out how to get the cam prices down. $8K for cams is the stopper for this project. A flat crank can be done for less than $2K.

Obviously a flat crank, cam in block engine (chebbie) would be a lot cheaper, but then it wouldn't be as much fun to play with.

There's been some serious UZ motors built in NZ as they have 4.0 (stock car) limit there . Mega bucks spent . Be nice to get info on one of these builds . Talking to the guys at Kelford . Just short of 500h.p with single carb ..

Arnout, help me figure out how to get the cam prices down. $8K for cams is the stopper for this project. A flat crank can be done for less than $2K.
Obviously a flat crank, cam in block engine (chebbie) would be a lot cheaper, but then it wouldn't be as much fun to play with.
hi Cribbj,
I think you can just use the B16 camshafts. At least on one side. I have to look into it. I am currently researching if I can fit the bmw S50 valves in a 2jz head, then put the honda D series camgears on and the honda K20 rocker arms. I think it will be cool :)