3040le solenoid connector issues

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

telometo

Im putting a 1uzfe in my 73 celica. My trans has 8 pin connector and the harness has 6 pins. Is there a way to mod my harness to work with this trans or can i swap out the solenoid connector?

My ecu connects to harness thats already on engine.

Ive tried to google this the whole week and cant find anything. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

you have an early loom and a later gearbox. They can be swapped around to work. The main difference is the later one has a temp sensor. You will also find the later ECU supplies the 12 volt to S1 and S2 in the 20 series box but not the 10 series in the later 8 pin box. If you get the diagrams for the early 10 series, up until 92 in most markets, which run the 100 series prefix for the ECU part numbers and compare to the later 10 series (170 part number) or the early 20 series (240 part number) you should be able to work out the wiring to swap over.

Thanks for the quick response. Would it be easier to get later wiring And ecu? If so what year should i go with? And thanks again for your time

sorting one plug is a lot simplier than changing a loom. I just pop pins and flick the other plug on. Takes me about 10 minutes to sort when doing the loom. easy as. Cheers

i had a similar problem which maybe u might know about glover

it was a 96 model 1uz with full cover over motor
think it had 8 or 10 pin plug on auto

but auto that was used was a crown slip yoke type
6 pins on auto

could never get it to change nicely as u would expect
so i spent more money and fitted 96 auto and got tailshaft modded
and it was fine

have u ever run into this problem

I've never really liked the crown slip joint auto but the ones I have pulled apart have had all the same bits inside. Trigger counts have also been the same so in theory it should all interchange. I have done one with a soarer ECU which worked fine and while I was looking for another issue I ran it on the dyno with a UZS141 crown ECU and it worked oK

Did you add a resistor for the oil temp sensor? That might cause an issue , I have never tried a later ECU without the oil temp input. The early ones still work ok. Another option is the box had an internal fault. They were only avaliable in the real early 131 crown which makes them quite old. About half we have pulled apart have been stuffed and required work to get them working correctly.