245/45/18 tires on 18 X 8.5 in. rims 38mm offset

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

98supra6spd

Hi,
I am new to this forum and I was wondering if any one knows how badly this new set of rims and tires I ordered for my fathers 92 Lexus SC400 will rub. I bought him a set of MOMO M1 in an 18 X 8.5 rims with a 38 mm offset. A brand new set of Dunlop Sp Sport 9000 tires have already been mounted and balanced. If the fronts do rub on the inner fender liner is their any shaving or mods to do to this without just removing it. In a perfect world a set of 245/40/18 tires would have come with this E-bay purchase but they didn't. I also was wondering about lug nuts? His car is in Chicago and I live in Michigan so that is why I ask. He will not like it if they rub at all. Thanks for the help!!!

Has anyone successfully run this setup without rubbing. I know the rears should be OK but the fronts are the one's I am worried about. If this 38 mm offset OK or should it have been higher? I have been on several of the tire calculation sites and noticed that the speedo will actually be off a little less than 2.5 miles an hour. Speedo shows 60 MPH actual 62.5 miles an hour. These 245/45/18 are just shy of an inch taller. Please let me know before I drive 550 + miles to Chicago to find out that they would fit fine and Discount Tire would have mounted them for free. How big a deal is it to roll the front fenders? Do you lose the inner splash shield if they are rolled. My father will not let me modify his Pride and Joy much. But he is currently out of town until next Monday and that means I have this weekend to make these rims and tires fit perfectly without any rubbing.

I would not worry with 8.5 +38...

Rolling the fender will not make you loose your splash guard. The only risk in rolling is damaging the fender and/or having paint in that area crack/peel.

18x8.5 +38 is very conservative, I would not worry. Sounds like your dad's car is also on stock suspension so I doubt it would rub.