2006 IS430 VS. 1992 SC400 (no biggie)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

Last night I was out cruising home from a friends house when a brand new never seen before by me 2006 IS430 pulled up next to me at a red light. I had noticed he was driving behind me closely for a while before this, anyway we stopped, I looked over and I realised it was the new IS430 with the box look back end, I could tell the guy was trying to figure out my car and wanted to race.

(My opinoin, I think the IS430's are as ugly as they come, looks like a giant Camry to me, what was lexus designers thinking)?

Anyway, I said ok to myself let's see if these new lexo's can hang with me, we are off the light turns green and I did not hit the nos the rears are spinning out slightly, and I am out ahead via the supra LSD and Dragon T.C. but the IS430 caught right up to me, I had to quickly hit the nos and the race was over just like that, I pulled away. However, I did have to hit the nos to beat this car, and I must say the new IS430's are pretty quick once they get going, I did not blow it away by any means. That is my story from last night, I hope I didn't put you to sleep or bore you too much.. See ya-

jibby said:
Last night I was out cruising home from a friends house when a brand new never seen before by me 2006 IS430 pulled up next to me at a red light. I had noticed he was driving behind me closely for a while before this, anyway we stopped, I looked over and I realised it was the new IS430 with the box look back end, I could tell the guy was trying to figure out my car and wanted to race.

(My opinoin, I think the IS430's are as ugly as they come, looks like a giant Camry to me, what was lexus designers thinking)?

Anyway, I said ok to myself let's see if these new lexo's can hang with me, we are off the light turns green and I did not hit the nos the rears are spinning out slightly, and I am out ahead via the supra LSD and Dragon T.C. but the IS430 caught right up to me, I had to quickly hit the nos and the race was over just like that, I pulled away. However, I did have to hit the nos to beat this car, and I must say the new IS430's are pretty quick once they get going, I did not blow it away by any means. That is my story from last night, I hope I didn't put you to sleep or bore you too much.. See ya-
Don't you mean IS350? Unless you ran into some kind of experimental V8 model.
is-351.jpg

is-370.jpg

306hp 3.5 liter V6. As-is they're pretty quick,I've gotten one almost sideways merging into a highway
mischievous.gif

Ok, I thought I read IS430 on it, but it was night and I guess I was mistaken. I am not familiar with new IS models. That definetely looks like it... If Lex did not make an IS430 that looks like that, then it must have been the IS350 that raced with me. That one looks nicer in the picture for some reason, the one I raced was tan in color, the silver definetely looks nicer....

I kind of like the way thay look. I wish they were a little more price competivie with the G35 (what I bought a year ago). It's too tempting to buy a 3 year old LS430, or even a SC430 (what I should have done) then the IS350.

MY best friend owns a two door G35, and another friend owns the new 4 door G35, and yes you should a have bought the 3 year old LS430 or SC430 which is a much better buy.....G35's look nice, handles nice, somewhat comfortable, small inside cabin, average stereo, and underpowered in my opinion for a sportcar. The 430's are a far superior car in everyway, and probably a 3 year old 430 will last just as long or longer then your Infinity G35. Just my opinion.....

Also, I just re-read the above posts and the 3.5L V6 IS puts out 306hp? Wow, they are really starting to make these newer cars very spunky and fast out of production, it's getting rediculous....I have struggled for over a year to bring my 4.0l V8 SC400 to around 300hp without nos, and now these new 6 bangers are 300hp+ easy, it's just not fair!!!!!

jibby said:
MY best friend owns a two door G35, and another friend owns the new 4 door G35, and yes you should a have bought the 3 year old LS430 or SC430 which is a much better buy.....G35's look nice, handles nice, somewhat comfortable, small inside cabin, average stereo, and underpowered in my opinion for a sportcar. The 430's are a far superior car in everyway, and probably a 3 year old 430 will last just as long or longer then your Infinity G35. Just my opinion.....

Also, I just re-read the above posts and the 3.5L V6 IS puts out 306hp? Wow, they are really starting to make these newer cars very spunky and fast out of production, it's getting rediculous....I have struggled for over a year to bring my 4.0l V8 SC400 to around 300hp without nos, and now these new 6 bangers are 300hp+ easy, it's just not fair!!!!!
they have DGI and EFI on the IS models, which helps them make all that HP. bad thing though, is that they all have automatics. and that doesnt help RWHP. and a G35 isnt really a sports car. its more like a fast, comfortably person hauler.