2005 2UZ VVT-i

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
and also all 2005 tundras have a 5 speed automatics in the US

as a side note 2005 tundras powered by a 3.4L (5VZFE engine) will have a 6speed manual tranny... I still have to confirm this for there is no tundra V6 yet that landed in our dealership but it has been posted in the toyota site to be a 6spd manual tranny

alright guys... to confirm on the power increase on the new 4.7L 2UZFE VVT-i engine for the 2005 Tundras... the engine is now producing 285 hp... test drive results on the seat of the pants it is very strong and pulls harder compared to the 2004 model... and also with the 5 speed automatic it is really nice driving in the highway...

as for the V6 model of the Tundra... the old 3.4L 5VZFE engienis ditched ( no power at all... even TQ) a new designed 4.0L 1GRFE engine was replaced which shares to the 4Runner model (this engine debut at 2004 in 4Runner models) now it can be mated to a 6speed manual tranny.... power on the 4.0L is pretty strong than the old 3.4L and more torque down low

The only change that I see under the hood is that the intake manifold is now made of a composite material vs. aluminum. Does anyone have any specific's on how the new 4.7 V8 puts out 42 more hp and 10 ft-lb tq? If it's just a new intake manifold, I'll gladly buy one and install it myself.

Well, obviously the vvti has a lot to do with the power increase. I would not be surprised if the new 2UZ manifold is a dual runner length like the 3UZ and later 1UZ motors, which would also make a difference.

Chris M. said:
The only change that I see under the hood is that the intake manifold is now made of a composite material vs. aluminum. Does anyone have any specific's on how the new 4.7 V8 puts out 42 more hp and 10 ft-lb tq? If it's just a new intake manifold, I'll gladly buy one and install it myself.
The additionanal power is from the addition the Variable Valve Timing w/ Intelligence (VVT-i)

can any one give me a copy of the 1uzfe vvti spec sheet?
there must be one some where.
i only have the non vvti one.
thanks
Paul