2005 Lexus rx330 starters good,neutral saftey good now what?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Littlenikki73

Hi Im little nikki and Im new to this. I have a 2005 lexus rx330. She is currently unable to start, i tested the starter its good, tested neutral saftey its good, battery is good. Its makes like a whirring sound it doesn't click. Where is the starter fuse? If its not that then what? I REALLY WANT TO FIGURE IT OUT..EVERYONE KEEPS TELLING ME I CANT DO IT. I know I can i just need some guidance..PLEASE..and thank you.

Hi Nikki.
It sounds like your starter bendix drive may be out. The starter will still get power,but the bendix fails to jump to engage the ring gear.(I am no mechanic or auto electrician)

When you say it makes a whirring sound and you tested the starter and it's good, you mean it's spinning, right? But not engaging.

Yeah, gotta be the bendix? Should be an easy fix. I've also had starters that needed to be shimmed over time.

You could try jumping your car via the relay. Understanding testing your starter is that you pulled it out of the engine bay and taking it to a shop to get tested, then you're good.
If you feel you could do it, I will have to say I take no responsibility for you trying this and damaging your vehicle in the process.. This is merely a suggestion and you do this at your own risk.

With that being said, you could get an automotive wire and jump it through the relay, doesn't have to be long, just about 3 inches is good, and exposed on either side. You would have to pull the relay, but make note of how it goes back in. This is important for the wire jump. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to "ON" and go back to under the hood and connect the wire in 1 and 2 slot, the same way the relay states. There is an image I posted along with this, if its the exact same relay, then you could proceed with the process.

If its not the same relay, then 'STOP' you could abort this at this time, and research which sides you need to jump, or take it to a mechanic which can further assist you.

Once you connect 1 and 2 this may jump scare you as your car should start. If it doesn't then its safe to say its the starter. If it starts then you can say its the relay and needs to be replaced.

Attachments

• lexus_gs300_1999_starter_relay_switch_54c5fc6f294df314493adb35a7cc15b33f42df19.jpg
    lexus_gs300_1999_starter_relay_switch_54c5fc6f294df314493adb35a7cc15b33f42df19.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0