2002 TRD 4x4 tundra questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rotarex

Truck 2002 TRD 4x4
163000 kms (101875 miles)

problem so far oxygen sensor i think left bank something like that OBD2 read
...can racing fuel clean that out after a run?

as of next year ill be looking to rebuild or do a swap

swap will include a 7M engine with a manual transmission, my problem is how do i get the electronic transfer case to work?

if the swap is a no go can i do a Manual transmission swap?
if that's a no go either how much power can the 4spd stock transmission handle?

now for the engine rebuild
pistons and rods is a must
machine the head is a must also

should i go lower pistons and possible look into a STS turbo kit? i think custom will be to expensive

or a little higher compression pistons and S/C? or is stock compression better for S/C?

welcome to the forum. Since you have the 2uz I would ask yourself what kind of power are you looking for? The 2uzfe has a strong iron block but has toothpick rods. the pistons are ok, they can handle some boost but the rods are the weakest link in the engine. As for F.I. it won't matter turbo or supercharger, you need lower compression. Only time higher compression might help with a blower is if you ran very low boost levels. There are lots of options for power. The easiest method overall would be the centrifugal supercharger (procharger, vortech, paxton). these require little modding for install, power is very turbo-like, low heat, intercooler possible. In the end it's what kind of power your looking for. lextreme has an article you might find interesting. It's over working the 2uz, and the aftermth. the owner installed the STS (squires turbo system) after new engine.

under tutorials
under forced induction
Single Turbo tundra

Hope it helps, and good luck

2002 Tundra with 4.7 Liters? Nice..Lot of torques. You don't have to swap to any other weaker engine. I drove Mr Lextreme's SC400 with 4.7 Tundra block mated with the SC400 heads and it's really crazy with lot of tq and hp at all range. If you want to boost it, then Mr. Lextreme currently has the on-sale sets for the rods for under $500. If you have a little more $$, then use Lextreme pistons. If Lextreme pistons are used, then it'll be best to have lower compression pistons such as 8:5:1 or 9:5:1 and you can use stock height head gaskets. However, if you only want to upgrade to Lextrem rods and keep stock pistons, you must use thicker head gaskets to lower the compression. At the same time, ARP head studs are strongly recommended.

TRD might have a supercharger kit for your Tundra (I'm not sure) and it'll be cheaper than the STS kit. If you're willing to do some searches and learn, you can design a similar system like the STS for much cheaper. Corky turbo book is the start. I can make a prototype with that design for 2 days and complete the whole system within 1 week. I'm too busy to do anything like that now. I have a Tacoma and thought about making a turbo kit for it, but I gotta finish my SC first.

Steve

Dude I totally forgot that was your green tacoma the day i was at Lex's. Any ideas on that turbo tacoma? My dad plans on rebuilding his and ditching the TRD blower and going w/ GT30r. Know anyone that might be interested in a used kit? He told me i could have total control over his build if I could sell his blower setup... everything basically. (7th injector, TRD roots blower, 8psi pulley and custom fender mount intake).

Haha I also forgot you took the sc470 for a spin too!! I got a crack at her and it scarred the shiiit out of me. It was a rainy, dreary day and Lex had the stockers on and it had MASSIVE wheel spin but fun nonetheless.

hmmm

no one still answer the other questions yet

can race fuel clean up my oxygen sensor ?
can my transmission handle more power, i have read somewhere that it cant and that you cannot swap it to manual.
power is very cheap to acheive my budget is $10,000 canadian
also in my city not much room to play with all that power

these is my steps
im going to do a dyno at one of the shops with bone stock truck with leak in the exhaust and all

then im adding headers, cat back, cold air intake, electric fan (donno if thats a good idea with turbo) ignition system, and possible chip (it might be a waste of time if i decide to switch to turbo or S/C, then i gotta pay to get it re caliburated again,
i personally can do alot of the work my self but i live in an apartment building in toronto so no room and i dont got time also as i work almost 7 days a week
and after all that then again im going to dyno

then a rebuild with rods and pistons then dyno again
each time i dyno its $20 not bad

then if im shure nutting is going to break on me 100 BHP not WHP is fine with me so the S/C is looking good to me, only problem is it really do rob the engine of power, i always hated S/C vehicles unless your adding alot of boost,
now a custom turbo setup gonna cost me more than the STS system fore the fact now i already paied for headders and now i got to get em custom

but the final question still stands how much power can my Transmission hold

I have 300RWHP on my stocker at 200,000 miles and never een reuilt... still smooth. That's with a supercharger too. I wouldn't take it over 350rwhp on stock.

no one still answer the other questions yet

can race fuel clean up my oxygen sensor ?
can my transmission handle more power, i have read somewhere that it cant and that you cannot swap it to manual.
power is very cheap to acheive my budget is $10,000 canadian
also in my city not much room to play with all that power

these is my steps
im going to do a dyno at one of the shops with bone stock truck with leak in the exhaust and all

then im adding headers, cat back, cold air intake, electric fan (donno if thats a good idea with turbo) ignition system, and possible chip (it might be a waste of time if i decide to switch to turbo or S/C, then i gotta pay to get it re caliburated again,
i personally can do alot of the work my self but i live in an apartment building in toronto so no room and i dont got time also as i work almost 7 days a week
and after all that then again im going to dyno

then a rebuild with rods and pistons then dyno again
each time i dyno its $20 not bad

then if im shure nutting is going to break on me 100 BHP not WHP is fine with me so the S/C is looking good to me, only problem is it really do rob the engine of power, i always hated S/C vehicles unless your adding alot of boost,
now a custom turbo setup gonna cost me more than the STS system fore the fact now i already paied for headders and now i got to get em custom

but the final question still stands how much power can my Transmission hold
I don't think the race gas will clean the fouled O2 sensors at all. The gas is burned and the sensor isn't soaked in the gas.

It's not easy to say the limitation of your tranny, but it sure can take at least 9 psi of boost more. The safer way is to install the tranny cooler.

seems like maybe late winter early spring im gonna get a rebuild im hearing knocking already i have blown 4 engines already all under 200,000kms 125,000miles i dunno what is doing it i just feel its the gunk engine flush im using, i did 1/2 bottle on my flush for 5 min as recommended but not on a cole engine, and after i drain i ran like 2L or clean oil to wash out, but i can only hear the knock in the truck not in the engine bay and its not valves it sounds like bottom end bolts going loose, i rember from my last blown engines they all made the same noise, 2 yotas and 1 jeep 1 honda blown so far, i donno i swear if this one blows on me after the rebuild ill prolly never buy a yota again

If you have blown 4 engines already, that could be something you might need to look at and not because of the bad engines from the factories. It all depends on how you built your motor with the correct specs and requirements the engines need to match with your driving.

Sean,
If you're looking to turbocharge your Taco, that'll be fun to do. If you know how to weld and mate the pipes together with the right angles, tack-weld should be good enough, then you can do it. I can't give you more info if you don't tell me where to start. However, this thread isn't about turbocharging the Taco, so perhaps you may start a new thead and we'll go from there.

It's just an idea right now.... this START next summer at the earliest so new thread will have to wait.

Rotorex

As long as you do your homework on prepping and tuning there should be fine, rods + pistons + ARP bolts should offer plenty of insurance for 400rwhp or so. just mke sure you tune it correctly. under 9psi isn;t too hard but over that you need some moolah for piggyback or EMS.

Mr. Lextreme currently has the on-sale sets for the rods for under $500????
where is the link i seen rods and pistons came to $2100