2002 Lexus ES300 - 18's or 20's?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

budzsc

Hey guys, within the upcoming days i will be purchasing wheels for my 2002 ES300, and im debating whether to get the 18's or 20's? I would prefer on getting the 18's so that i wont have to upgrade my brakes, however im worried if they will do a good enough job filling in my wheelwells...

Please give me advice!

BTW, in the future im planning on buying lowering springs for the vehicle as well...

You should do the wheels and lowering at the same time. No sense in using 20's and having it look like a 4x4.

18's or 20's are big jumps, it depends on the look you want. Will you be getting a bodykit?

I would recommend going with 18's for now, 19's if you can.

18" is the best for your ES, even with a bodykit. It's because your ES's fender wells are too swallow to fit anything larger than 18". A nice looking car doens't just have the big wheels, everything should follow with the contour of the car. However, many custom riders didn't pay attention to this point.

I'd rather drive a 4x4 truck with super big wheels than drive a small car with 4x4 wheels on it. Perhaps you may find out the correct wheel offset of your car so that you can fit the right wheels on. Or you may wonder why the wheels tuck out or in of the fenders too much later on. Good luck!

I can only remember two people (in all ym years of dealing with them) that had a set of 20's installed on the pre 2007 Camry platform that didn't look stupid.

18's work just fine, but get a nice set of 1 3/4" drop springs for the front & 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" for the rear...
For performance, 17x7.5, for looks, 18's. Keep in mind the car is going to be alot slower on 18's than stock wheels unless you're paying for 18" very light weight eprformance wheels, which doesn't really make since when 17x7.5's would still be cheaper & weigh less. :)