1UZRX7 Shakedown at Ruapuna

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Muzza_NZ

Hi all.
We took the 1UZRX7 to the track for the first time last Friday, to iron out any bugs and get the car set up properly. The car went well and felt pretty good. There's an interesting vibration coming from the rear once the car reaches about 110Mph, the source of which we need to identify before the next track day (first thought is driveshaft, but that has been balanced...)

The in-car footage looks painfully slow and you'll hear a few scraping noises in the vid (the race tires are slightly wider than the road ones and rub on the guards slightly)

Anyway, here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-1fuv86bwg

Well... that thing is going to compression lock nicely! haha

Let me take a wild guess on your driveshaft... two piece? what diff? Does it have a rubber donut? you get it balanced at Circle Track?

Cheers Andrew.
The driveshaft is one piece and was made and balanced at circle track with (supposedly) new universals. The car has a hilux diff.

Have you had trouble with Circle track's work?

Good bunch of guys, but mine vibrated at 110kph like clockwork... took it back, they didnt balance both sections it turns out, so made an adapter to take the rear half, rebalanced it, it added a few grams to it to balance it as it was out.

Cheers for the comments lads.
4000GT - Motosoc is putting on a dyno day at NZEFI this Saturday. Either me or Chris will likely take the RX7 down and see what it does. I'm not expecting much, seeing as everything is completely standard on the engine and it's running the factory ecu, but it will still be nice to have some numbers. Wheels and driveshaft will be pulled off/out on Sunday for rebalancing. I presume your Supra is still down there getting the turbo conversion finished, correct?

Ah yup, if you are lucky the founder of Motosoc will be there too :) My ex flatmate. If you take it down get Phil to compare our dyno plots as mine is saved on there... Supra will be there, but mostly in bits...