1uzquadcam bellhousing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JKav

With the numerous stories about headaches with CRS and Dellow bellhousings I'm hesitant to go that route just yet. If anyone is using the 1uzquadcam bellhousing I'd like to read your impressions on fitment, casting and machining quality, service, etc.

I've tried to reach the gents (Tony and Damian) at http://www.1uzquadcam.co.nz/ for info on multiple occasions. No response so far. Then again I've relied solely on email as I'm in the US-- maybe they're just busy?

1uzquadcam bellhsg info

Received a reply from Tony at 1uzquadcam, got some answers to my questions that some of you may (or may not) be interested in.

To summarize...
-------------------------------------
The 1uzquadcam bellhousing:
1. is of their own design (is not shared with CRS or Dellow)
2. engages all ten bolt holes in the engine's mating flange (unlike the CRS bellhsg, which apparently only engages nine; Dellow uses all 10)
3. does not require any modifications to the sump in order to fit the slave cylinder (or anything else for that matter), unlike CRS which requires a bit of grinding. Not sure about Dellow on this.
4. is designed for use with the factory W-series slave cylinder and release fork
--------------------------

I'm still interested in hearing feedback from those that purchased it. Specifically related to the machining quality. Basically I have no interest in dropping ~500USD+freight on something that I'll have to put on a surface plate or a CMM just to find out it is out of parallelism or concentricity, and then have to modify the bloody thing just to make it work the way it was supposed to in the first place (and risk destroying it in the process), OR being blamed by the vendor for it's poor fitment.

Being in the US it simply is not practical to return it to Aus/NZ for rework or replacement. So yes, I am interested in learning as much as humanly possible about the different bellhousing options, no matter how mundane it may seem.

Sorry, I cant help you with info on the bellhousings that are in question. If you are trying to fit up a W series, I might be able to help you in the near furure depending on how soon you need it. I am working on the CAD drawings as we speek for making an adaptor to bolt a W series tranny to a 1UZ bellhousing. There are a few people that have done this already and it work perfectly fine. There is a guy (Philip Bradshaw) in NZ that already is making them and selling them. From him they are about $200 US + shipping. His are of a very good design from what I have seen. The only thing is that you have to figure out you own clutch actuation. Mine is going to be pretty much Identical, but I am going to have the clutch actuation already provided. I would just buy one from him, but I am worried about having to mod it for the clutch actuation and messing it up in the process.

If you may be interested, please feel free to PM me with any questions that you may have and I would be more then happy to provide you with more information.

If you are interested in Philip's, you can email him at [email protected] . Phil, if you read this, I hope that you dont mind me giving out your email as I figured that it might be benifficial to you.

I've used a Dellow BH for a W series box in the past and my current BH is from CRS to fit my Tremec TKO600. Neither were works of art but both did the job just fine with only some very minor tweaking. Dunno what all the fuss is about? i would happily buy either again