1uzfe into '84 Starlet

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1uzfekp60

My project has been underway for some time now but due to a move into another home and a new garage built, it's taken the back burner.

I have renewed interest again so I thought I'd start a diary.....

I have completely stripped the starly and cut out the firewall and most of the front floor.

The rear sumped engine sits just behind the crossmember/rack, which means the engine mounts will need to be welded to the crossmember and come back to the chassis rails where they will be bolted through sideways.

A full cage will be needed to keep the car from becoming a twisted mess, I plan to use the cage to mount the rear crossmember and front seat mounts.

The cage bars will also come thru to the front struts and engine mounts.

Brakes are Altezza all round with a hiace lsd rear axle. Master cylinder will be a aftermarket item mounted on the floor.

I'm using the auto trans, just because of pedal room and it's different, A friend of mine will build a controller for it to make it sequential shift with lock-up torque converter when braking (engine braking)

Some pics.....

Ken.

This is the one and ONLY benefit I could see in living in NZ.

You guys get away with stuff we wouldn't dream about@

Good luck to you.

More progress on the engine mounts, welded to the crossmember (bottom of pic) and they will be bolted thru the chassis with tube spacers to stop any crushing. (welding is just tacked in place for a trial fit!!)

Ken.

Engine mounts are all welded and bolted in, put tubes thru the chassis first and then 12mm bolts x 4 each side.

I also been thinking about exhaust, I used the ends of a sc400 manifold and will use them to point forward to the turbo flange.

Steering column fits nicely past, without modifying.

Engine mounts are all welded and bolted in, put tubes thru the chassis first and then 12mm bolts x 4 each side.

I also been thinking about exhaust, I used the ends of a sc400 manifold and will use them to point forward to the turbo flange.

Steering column fits nicely past, without modifying.

God what was I thinking, those mounts are horrible!!! My car is currently down at a mates race car shop, www.randdmotorsport.co.nz. I've removed the mounts and will build something nice.

The cage is comeing along nicely, photos to follow........

Ken.