1UZFE in a Maserati Biturbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The wheels do look ok for this car, but you never get money back when doing anything to the car, no matter if you're to buy wheels or install new engine or whatever.

That's not always true. Out of the last six cars that I've built, only 2 lost money. The amount lost, was less than what I made in profit off of the other ones. I build these project cars for fun. One each year in my spare time, but I expect to get all my money back and a little profit off each one. Usually it works out very well. The ugly wheels are staying. There is a ton of chrome trim that goes back on this car and the silver wheels will help tie it together. You'll see, when it's done you'll say, "Ok, I see it, it's pretty cool".

The guy that buys it, can do whatever the heck he wants to it.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The steering wheel still needs the turn indicators wired and the headlights, but I think you're getting the idea. Keep in mind, this isn't for driving to work. It's for laughing your ass off and doing something that has likely never been done. FUN. Go big or go home? Jeez, I always hated that phrase...

1-2 more passes with the body filler. A whole day goes by when you're doing this shit. I think I'm on the 2nd or third day of this. Can't remember. Tomorrow and Sunday are booked, so no car work :/

bodywrk1.jpg

bodywrk2.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool if all we had to do, was work on car projects and talk about them? Yes. Yes it would. Hashtag Jealous of those that get to live the dream... :)

I've been chipping away at it, we're hoping to get it in Primer this weekend.
pipe1.jpg

These four tips did not look right at all. More like some kind of strange cartoon musical instrument rather than a car exhaust.

pipe2.jpg

My son approves of this look, so that it's then.

Then many sessions of sanding bodywork. Booooo
sand1.jpg

sand2.jpg

sand3.jpg

sand4.jpg

Some better pics:
(this post copied from one of the other forums where this build is wildly popular)
Thank you all for the support. It's awesome. When I post regurgitated pics and long winded updates with little to no pics, it's because I'm not working on the car, I'm out in the real world making other people rich. Or you can simply use the phrase "Going to work".
I have been squeezing in working and coming home to work on the car. I have not ridden motocross in over a month because the spare time was spent laying on the garage floor sanding body filler and making 30 year old power windows function with a cheap Amazon switch...

I enlisted my good buddy Jeff to help me paint it and if we complain about being too busy- he has 5 kids, several horses, chickens, three dogs, a couple goats and a couple cats- so you know he's busy all the damn time. I was really glad to have some help and that's what made it seem like it went fast. It really didn't. The late nights over the last few days have been tough. ish.

There are still many hours of color sanding, then spraying clear, (that won't happen until one evening this week) and then wet sanding the clear and polishing it out with a buffer. Then I can start putting it together. And wiring the headlights, turn signals, brake light switch and wiring, fabricating the mount for the hand brake lever, attaching the universal cables and making all of that actually work. Assemble all of the trim on the car and finish off the interior.

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

p10.jpg

p11.jpg

The next thing I build, will not have this much back yard bodgery and garage built junkyard stuff on it. The next thing is going to be nicer than the last V6 MK2 MR2 that I did, and that was one nice little car. You can see some of the other things that have come out of this little garage here: www.GrenadeMotorsports.com
I just can't tackle something this involved again, without the help of a CNC machine and CAD programs. However it turns out, I love the journey, the discussions, the pictures, being at home with the family and actual finished products. Don't worry- we'll all be watching the same video when this thing self destructs in a cloud of smoke. And hey- what if it turns out to be a decent car? Someone will sure have a lot of fun with it.

Last edited:
Hey this thing is much more like a car now! And seems like you were choosing from quite a number of colors, each of them being black ;-)

Thanks man, you know how it is with project cars- "Next time I would do it this way instead of _____" But yeah, we're reasonably happy with what it is, for the budget we had to do it. Just think of what we're all capable of with a real budget and a proper shop.
Our imagination is the only limit.

I was going to wait until it had the bumpers installed, but I just couldn't.

Here is a sneak peek- It's NOT wetsanded & polished out yet. We're doing that Saturday. The bumpers are going to make it look totally different than it does right now. They came out pretty nice. You can see where I quit caring about "smooth" on some of the bodywork, but overall, it's fine.

sneakp1.jpg

sneakp2.jpg

sneakp3.jpg

Thanks, there's still a bunch of chrome trim to be put on yet. Door handles, all around the windows, the grill, emblems. It'll be alright with the silver wheels. So many little details yet to be done!

I need a nap. I've been out there since 6AM today.
Still not polished out, no brightwork or emblems and the lights aren't wired yet.

But it is starting to look like something...

shny1.jpg

shny2.jpg

shny3.jpg

shny4.jpg

Wet sanded and polished out. I put it all back together today. It's not shifting, but it could be the cable or simply not enough fluid. Unless I need the transmission controller... I'm not sure yet.
But anyway, have a look at this thing, it was total JUNK six months ago.

win1.jpg

win2.jpg

win3.jpg

win4.jpg

win5.jpg

win6.jpg