1UZFE head bolt sequence

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Boat Builder

G'day all,

I have a warped head!!!!!!!

That comes as no surprise to my wife and others who know me until I tell them that is my boat engine with the problem :11:

The engine is in my jet drive mahogany speedboat http://www.seabrookemarine.com/Seabrooke_18.html and I blew a head gasket which pressurised my cooling system and blew large amounts of coolant into the bilge and overheated the engine. I shut it down quickly but it did get hot.

Anyway, I have a both heads off getting shaved flat (coming back tomorrow) and new bolts on the way too. The Toyota specs that the head dude has says 22ft/lbs plus 90 degrees twice through the normal bolt torquing sequence.

This is my dilemma. Does somebody have a diagram with the head sequence that you could send me.

Thanks,

Rick
www.seabrookemarine.com
[email protected]

MUST use new head bolts as a minimum as they are torque to yield. After one use they are throw away as have been pushed past their yield point and won't hold tension any longer.

ARP are well priced so for peace of mind just use them

as with all head bolts - when undoing start from the outside and work in. so you'd undo the front most 2x bolts, then the rear most 2x bolts etc and work your way into centre.

then when doing up - start with the centre most bolts and work outwards.

works just great with all engines i use - i have never had a problem and i've had to change A LOT of head gaskets.