1UZ with Supra tranny

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Dellow have this adapter in their catalog. CRS may make it as well. Do a search on this site with either of these names and you should find lots of info. One word of caution, your W58 box isn't the most robust tranny out there, and there's a good reason Toyota put the 6spd Getrag behind the 2JZ-GTE, instead of the W58.

The 1UZ motor produces more torque at low RPM than the 2JZ-GTE, so with the W58 you may have some problems with 1st & 2nd gear synchros, etc.

John

Eric are you making an adaptor plate for the W58 5spd too?

That's what he's looking for.

John

If the Cressida came with a 1jz, then it will fit.

Eric

So, what flywheel/clutch/pressure plate setup will work using your adapter on a Supra W58? I'm assuming you'd need a specific thickness flywheel... Can you source all the bits to hook up the trans to the engine? How about the longer bolts needed?

I definitely need that flywheel clutch setup, though is it going to be primarily focussed toward racing? I'm doing a relatively stock 1UZ in my '63 Mercury Comet, just as a comfortable cruiser engine. I'd like a relatively light clutch action.

Hi Chris,

Right, I'm all for light pedal pressure also. Luckily the multidisk type clutches inherently have a very light pedal pressure. I have an HKS Triple Plate and you can push the pedal in with your hand.

Eric

It wouldn't work with the clutch and flywheel that come with the W58 without machining the flywheel. That's always an option, but it looks like the flywheel / clutch kits Chris has sourced will be very affordable.

Eric

Got the adaptor from Eric Tuesday. Now I can bolt the engine and W58 trans together, and mock it up in the chassis of the Comet.

Still will need a decent, cheap flywheel clutch package, however...

got my adapter like wednesday of this week.

looks great. a quality product. bolt heads are even painted to make it eaiser to follow the simple instructions instead of the usual instructions describing bolts by length instead.

its a shame i won't be able to use the adapter just yet, but that thing is waiting to be put into good use when the time comes. i will definately be buying more products from eric in the future!