1uz wagon

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Chucez

Aloha everybody,

As my post shows, I'm ultra new to this forum. But this is one of the places that I will be sharing my new project with: The 1UZ 510 Wagon.

The platform is a 1971 Datsun 510, station wagon. It's currently powered by a
Nissan L16 with a Solex 40PHH sidedraft carburetor.
IMG_0519.jpg

Today I picked up this 1UZ
IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

After close inspection, it looks like it was pulled from a car that was on fire :ugh2: (water outlet on thermostat was melted, and some solidified puddly-looking residue on the timing belt). I was trying turn the crank, but it seems like it may have thrown a rod, because it won't turn over. Anyway, this is only day one. I won't be able to get back to this for a while, but that's the upcoming project.

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

Someone from another forum gave it to me. Initially, I was going to rebuild my spare 3SGE and put it in the Datsun.

I just hope that the heads and block aren't warped and that the pistons and rods are good. When I compare the installion of a 1uz with the installation of the 3S, the 1uz is going cost less and result in a greater power:weight ratio.

I currently need a lower intake manifold, the left side ignition coil, distributor cap, MAF maf and distributor cap.

As I was cleaning parts of the engine of dirt and grime, I pulled off the valve covers and it looks like it was barely even used.
IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

Clean it up then it will look very nice. Drop it in and fire it up.... Cosmetic is easy.... Look around the classified section and pickup the other parts.....

You need to find out for sure why it wont turn over. If it caught fire it's possible the internals are seized from high heat... I wouldnt take a motor with a rod knock or that didn't turn over freely... Hope it's nothing too serious

-Dave