1UZ Supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lctmjw

deanmarcum said:
The pre 3/89 crossmembers have the motor mounts sitting a little higher than the late mounts. You should be able to use the early crossmember no problem. Off the shelf mounts are not made for either crossmember for the 1U. You will need to get an oil pan from a SC400 (rear sump) as the front sump LS400 pan will not clear any A70 crossmember. To use the 154 you will have to have some type of non-stock engine management as the stock ECU relies on the auto transmission to determine ignition advance and a few other parameters. I am about $1500 USD into it as I have made everything I needed so far and found a way to use the Lexus transmission with the MA70 tail housing so that the stock mounts and crossmember can be used.
Good to know someone else in the States is attempting this conversion. I recently purchased an LS400 engine (wiring harness attached), ECU and AFM. I plan on using my current R-154. I also planned on using the stock ECU, but it sounds like I won't be able to.... Is there any way to mimic the inputs needed from the auto trans or otherwise "fool" the ECU? I hadn't planned on standalone in the budget, may end up buying the auto trans after all. But I understand that the 1UZFE really comes to life behind a manual gearbox, and naturally we all prefer them. Also Dean, are you using the MA70 driveshaft, or did you go custom? I'm curious about your conversion, because you're so much under my budget at $1500. Any help or feedback is appreciated.

-Mike

Peter,
I imported your car in from Japan, I was wondering what happened to it when I sold it.
I was the one who did the hydraulic thrust bearing & R154 conversion to it as well.
Good to see it going well with a 1UZ in it!
Any questions you have just ask away.
Cheers,
Steve