1uz sitting lop-sided in halfcut

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fuzz!

hi guys,

i just noticed that the 1uz in my crown half-cut is sitting at a slight angle, leaning to the left. i guess this is so that the right hand side headers can clear the steering box, but i've not heard the mounting angle mentioned anywhere before.

is this something i should be trying to replicate in the recieving car, or should the 1uz be mounted level if at all possible? has anyone else noticed this in a uzs131 cut?

here's a (bad) photo of what i mean, taken from the front, with pink level lines added running along the flat of the intake plenum and the radiator.

v8onangle1bs.jpg

cheers..

Looks like the result of broken engine mounts...

My celsior cut the engine was flat, but the engine mounts & the gearbox mounts were broken..

How do the engine mounts look?

Attachments

• DV00013.jpg
    DV00013.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DV00018.jpg
    DV00018.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 4
  • DV00020.jpg
    DV00020.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 4
I've heard an idea that such angeling of engine is done to compensate engine revolution inertia. For example look at RB engine family from nissans.

No, you have it correct.
Its to clear the steering box.

No other 1uz does it, besides the UZS131 Crown.
I have a UZS131 Crown motor in my car, but with a front sump on it from a different motor, and I am running it flat, not angled.

I've never heard of anyone having issues running them flat.

interesting.. i guess the gearbox must be sitting at an angle too, unless they use a different bellhousing in the 131..

no matter it's being thrown out anyway, thanks for the clarification peewee.

I would say if it has slip joint tailshaft yoke it is crown and is on angle, if dounut yoke its flat mount, I have both in shed atm so will try an post up pics together, wondering if I should swap over to flat mount type on this upcoming project? I just let the mount flex on my other lux an mounted motor flat, engineer didnt pick it

I had a look at a picture of my trans when it was out of the car (not a hope in hell of seeing it now its in the car) but cannot clearly see the cast identifier - can make out the U and it looks like a 1 but cannot be sure. It is a crown slip yoke box. So can anyone confirm it would be a U1 on a crown??

I belive i have a 1U bellhousing that come from a sc400 (soarer) and it does not apper to have any sort of an offset to it.

MaxPower said:
I had a look at a picture of my trans when it was out of the car (not a hope in hell of seeing it now its in the car) but cannot clearly see the cast identifier - can make out the U and it looks like a 1 but cannot be sure. It is a crown slip yoke box. So can anyone confirm it would be a U1 on a crown??
mine has U2 cast into the bellhousing, and it's a crown royal saloon UZS131.

just a little follow up on this, the bellhousing is not the only thing on an angle.. the sump is too:

sumponangle3qd.jpg

you can see here the bottom of the oil pan is on an angle to compensate for the tilted engine.