1UZ mods with factory ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

DVSMOTORSPORT

Hey guys, I'm putting a lexus v8 into my ute as a show vehicle that will eventually become a daily driver.

Basically I want to keep the factory ecu and auto, but, add on either a couple of turbo's on low boost, or maybe idependant throttle body's.

So the question is really, how much can I get away with on the factory ecu.

Turbo's are really the way I want to go, so they need to look good but also work, so how much boost can I run on the factory ecu?

Is there any other mods you guys can think of as well?

Cheers
Ben

Ok for low boost but if your spending the money go aftermarket ecu, much more potential. Factory ecu is no good for multi throttle bodies.

Cool, cheers mate, yeh I might spend the money later on down the track but at the moment its just for the show scene, and when it becomes a daily driver it doesn't need to be a power house untill I get bored of the power.

Does anyone know how much boost I could run with the factory ecu? max 7psi sort of thing or even lower?

Yeh I thought more about the throttle bodys after I posted and came to that conclusion, I might be able to hook it up ok but would still need an airbox over top to run the air flow meter.

Cheers
Ben

DVSMOTORSPORT said:
Does anyone know how much boost I could run with the factory ecu? max 7psi sort of thing or even lower?

I am running about 12 psi on the stock ECU in my 95 SC400, using a MaftPro ONLY for fuel tuning.

Been daily driving it for over 2 years now.

200+ track runs. The only thing I've managed to blow so far is the transmission.

KC

I used to run 9 psi with stock ECU, no piggy-back ECU whatsoever, rising rate fuel pressure regulator 12:1 FMU, and a HP-HF 255 fuel pump with no problem. I blew the motor at 11 psi with this setup.

Steve, didn't you just blow the head gasket? Or, did you actually break something?

Yes, the MaftPro is a piggyback. It's a translator that allows one to eliminate the MAF sensor and use a MAP sensor instead. Works pretty good.

In all fairness, I think I've been very lucky with my car. Not sure what it is, but it seems that something about my setup works well AND keeps it safe.

I have been considering an FMU, I think I'm pushing the limits of the Walbro pump / 315 injector combo but I have no plans on getting an aftermarket ECU to control timing.

Hoping to break into the 11's (and nothing else) next time out on the 1/4 mile!

KC