1uz misfire/idle surge/fuel consumption

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nismo4life

So I need help. Last night I drove the car, probably a good 15 miles. Got on it a bit, enjoyed it, but didn't abuse it like I will soon enough. It drove fine mechanically speaking.
Today I go get the car weighed, and on the way back to the garage it started to hesitate. I figured it was completely out of gas since the light was on. Put 15 bucks in it, and went to do some errands. Did MAYBE 10 miles, and burned 1/8th of a tank according to the gauge. Now the car runs like poop. Best I could describe is it feels like the MAF is bad. It will idle rough and almost stall out, then spikes to 1,200 rpms and settles at 5-700 until it starts immediately sputtering again. If you give it any gas it feels like its running on 6 cylinders. I checked the main grounds, the coil, MAF and all seem to be functioning as the car runs significantly worse without them. I ended up waiting 10 minutes, fired it up again and tried to drive home. It will sparatically go between driving like **** and driving fine. It seems that in the higher revs it has no issues. I ended up having to drive around town in 1st or 2nd above 3,000 rpms. It would rev fine and drive smoothly. Anything below that and it would just feel like someone shut the car off and turned the ignition back on with your foot on the gas.
I should note, I couldn't install defoulers on the o2 sensors yet since the ones I got didn't fit so they are going to read rich since the cats are gutted. One of the o2 sensors is also somewhat physically cracked. The body has a horizontal crack in it that is exposing the insides. I know the car is running insanely rich, but I haven't hooked up my wideband yet to know exactly how much.
Anyone have any ideas?!

http://youtu.be/dHkJp8Bihuk

Fix the known issues before trying to resolve this further.

Cracked o2 = extra fresh air leaking in = registered lean condition, so dump more fuel. So rich plugs start fouling. O2's are much cheaper then the damage that can be done without fixing it.

Fix the known issues before trying to resolve this further.

Cracked o2 = extra fresh air leaking in = registered lean condition, so dump more fuel. So rich plugs start fouling. O2's are much cheaper then the damage that can be done without fixing it.

Its the secondary o2 sensor, and its still working otherwise I would of gotten a CEL for it. The physical cylinder is cracked in half, the wires inside are not damaged, and it is not letting any air out, or in. I didn't sense any leaks from it. I will replace it when I get the money, but it is extremely unlikely that it is not that.

Secondary oxygen sensor faults dont always bring on the CEL when they throw a code.

With the work you have just done I would be checking all the connections around the engine and ECU. Even maybe giving each one a wiggle (any one of the 4 will do haha) while the engine is running to see if there is a change.

And dont be a tight prick and put a full tank of gas into it. The number of times I work on a customers car and have to put gas in is massive. And many times half the running issues improve with petrol in the tank.

Secondary oxygen sensor faults dont always bring on the CEL when they throw a code.

With the work you have just done I would be checking all the connections around the engine and ECU. Even maybe giving each one a wiggle (any one of the 4 will do haha) while the engine is running to see if there is a change.

And dont be a tight prick and put a full tank of gas into it. The number of times I work on a customers car and have to put gas in is massive. And many times half the running issues improve with petrol in the tank.

I put half a tank in it, it still did the same issue. Its depressing to spend almost 100 bucks and watch the tank go down faster than you can fill it :confused: haha. I really REALLY need to get the wideband in the car. Hopefully will have it working Wednesday or Thursday so I can have a more accurate idea of how much fuel its actually burning, and I will give the ECU plugs a check this afternoon when I get back. Didn't even think of that!