1uz into XB Mad Max mobile (73 falcon coupe)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

R-Jay

one of my work mates has an XB with a 351 windsor bored to somewhere around 360 (or i think that's what he said)....

anyhow, the engine in it barely makes 100kw from what i gathered from a ride.. so we guess it's on its last legs.... and after hearing my banter about how great 1uz's are and how ill have it in my supra, he figured if it fit, might as well throw one in his xb too.....

so, the plan is to convert the xb to 1uz using the stock trans (currently auto also).... the whole car will be stripped down (every single electric wire) and re-done later on....

so basically, we need as much info as people know... tips and pointers.... advise.... whatever there is to offer....

i am unfamiliar with the xb falcon so i don't even know which engine would suit it best....

fire away fellas

Before I started any project on an early Ford, I would be fitting one of these Revolution Racing supplies kits to the front to convert to rack and pinion, strut front end with bigger brakes. You can also get strut tower notching plates to allow tons more clearance for a larger engine as the Cleveland V8's were fairly tight fit in these cars. Not sure what the kit costs but would certainly be a massive improvement and if you still have to rebuild the front end of the Ford, the price difference would be a lot less as the parts in this kit are new.
Not sure if necessary to get the 1UZ in but necessary if you want a nice handling front end.

http://www.rrs-online.com/html/products.htm

I know of another XB Coupe with the 1UZ with a Tremec 5 speed. It isn't registered and I don't think it will ever pass EPA in NSW as it doesn't have cats, the stock ECU or airbox. 3 essentials. I suspect the owner is a member here as I passed on our address to him via my Barber. My barber was once a motor mechanic? Strange change of occupation but it gives us great stuff to chat about whilst he tries to find some hair on my head to cut!

If you plan on going auto stick with the stock trans and save yourself a bundle. The cost of adapting the Ford unit and then getting it to run properly (and the engine without the trans sensors) will cost almost as much as a half cut.

Why gut the car of all it's wiring? You only need to remove the wiring to run the existing engine (around 4 wires) and splice in the Lex loom.

ok firstly, the front end has been rebuilt already and is running a rack and pinion AND power steering, hehe.. believe it or not....

as for gutting the car, well, all the electrics are stuffed so it will all be re-done along with the interior... this will be a slow build... besides, there wouldnt be more than a coupla small harnesses throughout the car anyways.