1UZ Into 1984 Toyota Mini Truck

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Bagged84Yota

Ok so after looking at different options for power(Chevy 4.3 V6, Chevy 350 V8, Supercharged 22R) I've decided to go with the 1UZ. Now as far as I can tell this should be the first one in the US that is in a 84-88 Toyota Truck that is on airbags AND lays frame. Don't know when this will get done as I leave for the NAVY come the first part of '07. I'll just have the parts ready to go before I leave(everything I want done should be done by the time I get out of training).

What all am I going to need? From what I can tell I'll need:

Engine(SC400)
Auto Tranny(SC400)
Wiring Harness and ECU(SC400)
Custom Engine Mounts
Custom Tranny X-member
New Driveshaft

What other stuff am I going to need? Does anyone make a mounting kit for the 1UZ into a 84-88 Pickup? I highly doubt it but you never know. The truck is currently being bagged and should be layin frame and draggin rocker with 2-3 weeks(waiting on bags and 20s).

Any help or tips you guys could give me so I know what I need to look for when buying things would be AWESOME! Thanks for any help

Mike

How custom is your setup? Body lift? Frame. axle?

The motor mounts all depend on that.

I can send you out a set, but they may not work for what you are looking for.

I designed them for a 2wd, and to lower the engine as much as possible in the engine bay

I have bags in the rear with a custom built 4-link. The front is a set of custom control arms and no strut rods. I'll be Z'ing the frame about 1.5", so the frame will be flush with the ground. There will be no body lift on this mini truck. Well I'm probably going to have to custom fab them according to where I want the engine to sit. Let me know a price and I'll see what I can do.