1uz intake manifolds and 1uz diet questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

poweredby1uz

First can I use the later 1uz intake manifold on a earlier 1uz two reasons for this 1. I can't shut the hood down. 2. The 92 earlier intake doesn't seem the best design.

If I can't use the later 1uz are there any intake manifold flanges for sale or are they custom jobs?

Second I have a stock 92 ls400 engine it seems to have a lot of things and pipes and wires what can I get rid of? I will be using a standalone ecu.

Last edited:
You can machine the flanges off the std manifold and go from there...
Welding fabricating on an old dead engine to keep from warping etc...

Why are the flanges so hard to make? I've seen a few members say they are hard to make and they ones for sale are huge money. :S

I"ve stripped all wiring and anything I don't think is needed off so only time will tell :D

cut the standard flanges off and go from there.
the later manifold you cant use due to the different head angles

Its all gotta be custom im afraid

Damm gonna have to find a good tig welder.

Any tips for cutting the manifold?

Bare in mind its the first time I've done anything like this.

I'm waiting on parts so I've started on other things.

I better start buying up ls400 shock lower intakes so I can have a few attempts :D

I can only just about mig weld steel So I think its safe to say I'd be better getting it done :)

I had two sets laser cut for $500 which included setting up the cad ..
To get close to std due to angles / wedge on flange they would have to be CNC'd ??

I just welded a wedge tube 1/4 long so studs pulled down evenly...
Same tube used for weld in injector bosses...

$500 woww that seems a lot :O

I asked autronic if I could see the cad plans. I did have the same thoughts xr8tt about adding them on at a later date. Its hard to get a set made in the uk as all the shops want a min order normally 10+

Is it possible to to use the early 1uz stronger rods,pistons,crank on a newer (1998) 1uz block I know someone selling one super cheap?

Last edited:
Yes as far as I yes the length etc are the same just ballancing assembly again being that they are heavier..
yes $500 but don't forget thats for two..OR four flanges copied off my CNC heads.. They wouldn't be any good for street engine as the injector position is changed to inlet ...No room for injectors ...
Yes there's been a few built engines on these forums with latter rods..

http://www.lextreme.com/1uzfe.html
Keep in mind aftermarket Eagle or Spool rods are not too expensive when you know FOR SURE they take way over 1000 h.p..
http://www.spoolimports.com/spool-conrods/toyota/toyota-1uz-fe-conrods
We use this brand of rod on a turbo 6 cyl Ford here with 4" stroke reving to 7200 rpm making 620 RWKW with older SOHC 4.0...
They should be GST exempt for you too ??
Graeme...

I have a program for the flanges, but I haven't had time to run them yet.
they're based off of qutronics original files I believe. I originally acquired the file from sniper s0 I'm not 100% sure.

I've never done anything with cad I have design software but never used it :( Its something I'm meaning to look into as could be really helpful. No one seems to like the 1uz in the uk so parts and knowledge are slim on the ground we do have a lot of engines kicking about tho :)

My plan was to use a complete stock engine and she how much they could take, what modifications give the best results I have two working engines in my garage means they was going cheap.

Might try cutting the flanges off the stock manifold later on :S