1UZ in IS200

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

derko

Hi

Im looking at putting 1UZ & r154 into my Lexus is200

I have done a little bit of research on the work involved in the swap :eek: ...my question is will it be less expensive an hassle just to put a 1jz or just as hard?

is the 1UZ+ r154 box conversion around about the 10k mark in price? I will be able to take my current motor out & possibly drop the new motor in, but that's about it.

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Last edited:
the swap has been done, Thor racing make a mount kit for it, there is a tuning company near me has one, with a single turbo fitted running link g4 extreme

it would probably be easier to swap a jz motor as it's already been done many times and swap parts can be found. But if you're into not doing the same thing everyne else has tried then go for the 1uz.

the swap has been done, Thor racing make a mount kit for it, there is a tuning company near me has one, with a single turbo fitted running link g4 extreme

Yeh I seen the kits from Thor racing, am i best to get the mount kits from there..anywhere else? i think i will be going ahead with the 1UZ at this stage...as its a bit different then the usual 1/2J conversions. :)

I prefer the VVti motor in the IS (altezza for us) over the early motors. The VVti engines look like they where meant for the hole. Factory wiring fits like factory ( looms plug together but pins in the wrong places) Why didn't Toyota/lexus release the 4 litre version. I saw some of the research they did on them. One very nice millan built vehicle done in the early days. JZ is easier and faster but they will never sound like a V8.