1uz in gt40

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
that looks like a kit car, not from ford.

gt40's from ford came stock with a 5.4ltr supercharged V8, why would you downgrade to a pissy little 4.0ltr engine.

looks good for a kit car and probably saves a lot on fuel too.

Boost you are talking about the NEW Ford GT. The GT40 is the famous racecar from the past. You are right, the picture is an old kit car that someone is putting together for dirt cheap. It looks like a homemade go kart.

the kit car is a DRB (australian) kit. the original gt40 mark 4's were a 427 ford with webers, no supercharger. that's the new ford gt. and they don't call it a gt40 because they no longer own the rights to the name and didn't want to pay the fee! more pictures are on the drb website. 1uz: lighter, much lighter than the huge 427, similiar hp (remember, that was 1966 and 400hp was a lot).
wes

Attachments

• yoke 004.jpg
    yoke 004.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 12
  • yoke 005.jpg
    yoke 005.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 7
  • yoke-modified.JPG
    yoke-modified.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 7
good to see someone else with the idea i am planing to replace a 347 windsor n/a for a 1uz turbo which do you think will drive the best ? the windsor is fast but like most hi power n/a engines it dont like to cruise along much to its out with 347 and in with the 1uz a t70 and water to air cooler setup cant wait to get started.
oz

no me

Its my very good friend and account who belongs to this
gt 40 it is very quick has harrop braks all round and just a sensation on the race track i got to have a few laps in it at last years cobra nationals around wakefeild park just such and awsome car to drive . i want my next cobra to handle as good i will not settle for less.

Looks like plenty of room for either a single or twin turbo. John, I know you have been looking into this for a while now......... stop drooling....

Hehehe, you're a mind reader David, but no, the GT40 project will be getting the naturally aspirated BMW V12. The Supra, on the other hand, is begging to have the blown 1UZ.