1UZ in a AE86 Corolla?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
There seems to be enough space to squeze a 1UZ into a AE86, anyone done it before? One problem i saw was the steerning shaft which looked like it would get in the way of the engine.

Attachments

• Resize of 100_1526.JPG
    Resize of 100_1526.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 17
Its been done at least twice on this board.

One in NA been running for about a year.
The other was twin turbo, haven't heard any progress for a while.

Its a bit nose heavy apparently, but by no means undriveable.

Have a search, plenty of pics about.

Oh wow, i didnt know it was that commen or we had anyone at all talk about it, thanks guys. The corolla being so light, id figure it would become nose heavy, but man, what a swap it would be.

realistically i dont think you are going to be upsetting things TOO much - the 4age motors that come out in the AE86 are a cast iron block compared to the 1UZ's full alloy.... unfortunately i dont know the wieght difference of the two...

To me i dont think there would be excess NOSE weight (in front of front wheels), since the 1uz isnt really that long, and a lot of the extra weight would be inline and behind the front wheels thanks to the much larger gearbox you would be using. If you've ever picked up a T50 gearbox, a W58 and an R154.... then you would understand what i mean!!!

Teh Witzl sayz dis is teh hektik converzun yo!

sniper said:
There seems to be enough space to squeze a 1UZ into a AE86, anyone done it before? One problem i saw was the steerning shaft which looked like it would get in the way of the engine.
I just started building one last week. just made a thread dedicated to it, as for the steering shaft, NO its not a problem and does not get in the way.

Hey, those piccies in the supplied link... it shows the 1uz lump with a manual box... wot car is this off? I can only find auto boxes up to now. Any ideas?