1uz in 1998 taco

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1998taco

im just about to start my journey of stuffing a 1uz motor into my 1998 tacoma 2wd. my taco (taco=tacoma) came stock with a 4cyl. 5 spd tranny. the 4 banger became a little boring so i decided to do omething different and upgrade to the 1uz!! i dont want to run the automatic but i cant really find anywhere that makes bellhousings, flywheels and clutches for cheap. any suggestions? thanks

i want to do EXACTLY this once i'm done my current projects!
I'll be keeping a very close eye on what it is you end up doing as I'll be soon following along
anyway
hope your project comes underway REAL soon!
good luck!
post some pics if you're able to!

For transmission adaptors, there's Dellow Automotive and CRS (both in AUS) already producing them. Theres also a guy named SuperRunner getting ready to start selling his own kit from Utah for a good price. It's in the group buy section.

i hope you guys can see these cause i dont quite no how to work this yet. :no:

l_d961eaa6b77b4dd209fef61d1668c4af.jpg

here's some pics of the truck after all the bodywork. its still waiting for paint and the bell housing. the last picture is of a new charger, but thats the colour i think im gonna paint the taco. its called "go mango" and its also on the dodge ram daytonas

sorry i took so long to answer. the taco requires the LS motor. another guy on customtacos.com is putting a SC motor in his taco and it requires alot more work then mine. anyway, just thought id update you guys on my progress. almost all the body work is done, in the middle of doing the BJ flip, and just got my bell housing kit from Dellows Automotive. the kit i got adapts to the stock tacoma W59 gearbox. im hoping to have the truck running and ready for paint by christmas but with work, i highly doubt it'll happen:censored:

ill post some pics later

o one more thing.... alot of people on customtacos dont think its wise to be using the W59 gearbox. im not gonna race the truck or have it to the floor or anything all the time... do you guys think it'll be ok? like i shouldn't have problems with it?

Attachments

• jan 07 003.jpg
    jan 07 003.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 100
  • jan 07 005.jpg
    jan 07 005.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 76
  • jan 07 009.jpg
    jan 07 009.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 86
There are a number of people using the W series 4x4 boxes, but if you want the extra security, upgrade to an R series box (or any custom one that you want or can afford to get adapted).

We have done heaps of hilux with different boxes. My staff did a hilux conversion one weekend with a G52 standard petrol box and the guy broke that 3 hours after collecting it doing a third gear burnout. Second standard box lasted several weeks before breaking some teeth off. Now has a W57 and it's been fine so far. The standard box is fine if driven correctly. W59 are better than G52. Had very few problems with the W series hilux we have done - cheers