1uz-fe serpentine pulley

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

If any of you have swapped out the mechanical fan for an electrical one then this will benefit you. Sense your belt doesnt need to trun a non-existant fan it shouldnt have to turn the old pulley for it either. My belt was showing signs of wear so i used that as an opportunity to replace it, but to replace it with a shorter one that will get rid of that pulley not being used. Im not saying that taking off the 2lb pulley will help by anymeans, just that if your going to replace your belt anyway you might as well get the shorter one to take out that pulley.

Here is a pic of exactly what i mean, sometimes words are not enough...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/482000-482999/482485_53_full.jpg

Im just gonna save you time and tell you what belt fits becuase i just did this a few days ago. A 725k6 will fit nicely without slipping.

I feel the lack of wrap won't do too much harm for normal driving but what happens in an emergency when you grab a heap of lock and the P/S pump slips and the barge gets real hard to turn?

Same could happen when parking, but it won't be as dangerous. Of course depends how fast you park!

If it isn't robbing power I think it's best left alone. I know I suggested this to Sidshow a while back but he had a clearance problem that this mod may have helped.

what do you mean harm??

all its going to do if the lack of wrap gets too much under high PS load is slip a little at the crank.... all this will do is slightly slow the belt for a second or two.
since the only other accessory on the belt is the alternator it shouldnt matter.

EDIT - oh yeh and A/C too... but that wont matter either.

Yeah i feel the same way, and i havent been able to tell any signs of "slippage." I did think about the loss of the belt not wrapping around it as much, it concerned me at first, but the belt tensioner does do a great job of keeping that belt nice and tight. When i did it i thought to myself, "belt is really tight around it, i guess ill have to drive around and see what happens." And i havent been able to tell any signs of it slipping so all is normal and good here! Even when breaking and turning really hard all seems normall. I guess ill only be able to know for sure in the long run?