1uz.fe into ra60

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GSMnow

I just started researching putting a 1UZ into an RA-65. I think you have the recirculating ball steering though, the 65 has rack and pinion, so I don't know how much info we can share. I would like to follow your progress though.

Gary M.

RA 60 1uz.fe

here is some more photos not useing the factory ecu carnt fint one for the right price with loom and all that is needed so i am going to use the ems stinger.

That is very cool to see. I thought the RA-60 and 65 were a bit further apart. MY 65 is the same front end and all, and my car is also red. That V8 looks like it belongs in there. The pictures have really got me excited about getting mine started. I am going to contact my friends back in Chicago about locating an engine there. If I just go with the stock auto trans, maybe I can then just drive it to CA.

Gary M.

well there is only two different kind of RA6X chassis out there which is the RA64 (Celica GT) w/ a solid rear axle and the RA65 (Celica GT-S) w/ an IRS (same set-up as the Celica Supra) this is US specs cars

Trouble is they don't import half cuts to the States. A bit backward but nice because then we get them at a fair price.

I contacted one of my car hacking buddies back in Chicago and he is looking into a rear ended LS400 for me. He thinks he can find one within a month or two for under $2000. He goes to insurance auctions all the time to buy totalled out cars for parts. The sorta plan for now is getting a whole crashed 89 to 94 LS400. That should be even more complete than a front cut. We can get front cuts here, but they are supposed to be for non road use only due to different emissions standards, but many Honda guys just move over a US ECU and EGR valve. A friend of mine was running a twin cam ZC in his Civic. Also swapped a JDM 4AGZE into a Corrola. In Illinois it was fairly easy to get them past the emissions test as long as it was clean under normal driving. Here in Cali. though, it has to have all the right parts. I may have to change parts to a CA. emissions setup if there are big diferences from the federal setup. But since I can show the car was built and licensed in Illinois, I should be okay bringing it in, but it will still need to go to a referee station for a very close inspection. Once it gets a tag though, the every 2 year check is basically a walk through, Well if it is clean at the pipe again.

Gary M.

Try http://www.NIX99.com this is place is located at Washington state and have tons of Toyota/Lexus cars (junkyard) make sure to contact Don C. and refer that you are doing an engine swap to a RA60/RA65 Celica chassis... he would love to help you with the >>>> he is a Celica Supra fanatic

I have been qouted for an 1UZFE from a 91 LS400 front sump for $850 shipped to my door

V8 MK2 Supra said:
Try http://www.NIX99.com this is place is located at Washington state and have tons of Toyota/Lexus cars (junkyard) make sure to contact Don C. and refer that you are doing an engine swap to a RA60/RA65 Celica chassis... he would love to help you with the >>>> he is a Celica Supra fanatic

I have been qouted for an 1UZFE from a 91 LS400 front sump for $850 shipped to my door
$850 is a good price for the motor, especially if that comes with everything needed (ECU, harness, trans, cats) and who knows what else. I have not heard back from my Chicagop friend yet, but if what he says is true, I should be getting an entire LS-400 for $2000. After I yank out everything I need the remainder of the car can be sold off to get some money back. I know I will have all the parts I need as he won't take it unless the motor fires up. I plan to use the transmission and radiator as well as alot of the electrical system and the shifter parts out of the console. I may even snag the rear end out of the car. Did LS-400's come with a limited slip?? What ratios do they run? My car has an 84 Supra 7.5 inch 3.727 LSD rear end in it now. With my turbo motor I had to rebuild the clutch pack at least every season. I was thinking the Lexus diff might be tougher, if it is an LSD. Of course I would have to once again modify the rear sub frome to hold it. I may also snag the front brake calipers and other hardware. Getting a whole car sure opens up alot of options. I could use a Lexus stereo too ;-)

Gary M.

That is the engien let alone... w/o an ECU but it does come with the harness and all the accesories... I wont be needing the ECU since I ma running a stand alone ECU

I certainly wish I could run a programmable ECU, but such is life in California. I still don't have the answers back from the C.A.R.B. referee people, but I think my car will even have to report the proper codes and all out the ECU dataport. Some cars as old as 1990 are connected to the test station computer. I know some people who got in trouble for just using a Hypertech (or other) "power chip" in their later model cars. I am hoping the Lexus LS400 didn't go there until it went OBD II in 95. To be letter of the law legal with a "replacement engine" the complete engine system must report completely stock as if it was still in the original vehicle, and it must be a later model than the car body. I may even need a letter to allow reshapingthe pipes from the exhaust manifolds to the cats. After the cats is all open as long as it is quiet enough though, so that should be easy. I have a DynoMax UltraFlow stainless muffler in it now from the turbo motor. I will "Y" pipe the two side after the cats into the single 2.5 inch muffler. It should still flow better than the stock LS400 system as the muffler is rated for over 500 hp of exhaust flow. I lost nothing when I went from open to it on my Turbo motor. It just got quieter.

Gary M.

I have the crown log manifolds on my engine left side good .but the right side had to make up to work around steering power rack two in to one pipe back to cat .single out let pipe 2 and a half pipe...

My car is a left side driver (US car) and I plan to use a US (maybe cal spec) LS-400 setup. so I hope the left side exhaust manifold has room for my steering shaft. I know it will be tight, I had a heck of a time fabbing my 2.5 inch mandrel bend downpipe from the turbo. I am also hoping the stock intake airbox will fit where the original 22RE air filter and AFM were, in front of the right inner fender. There is quite a bit of room there, but this car is certainly smaller than an LS-400 under the hood. To get through the CA emissions certification, I will need EVERYTHING that could possibly effect emissions to be inplace and working like stock from the car it came from. I sure hope they let me stay with the 83 vapour canister setup. That is part of the car, not the engine. This is a big reason I want a pre OBD II engine.

Gary M.

1uz

up and running and driving know.nice sound to it lots of work have gone in to it glad to finnish have time to finish my club car fitted with the 1jz eng..