1UZ-FE into 4m40t Pajero SWB

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Pajero v8

I am very keen to find out how your v8 project is advancing. I have done some research and have found a company in South Africa that will supply a bellhousing that will match your existing gearbox to the lexus v8 using your pajero clutch and a custom made flywheel. This company will also produce a custom sump for your vehicle. If you require this info then please pm me and I will gladly forward it to you. Do you know if the engine bay is big enough to fit the v8 in without moving the radiator?

I am very keen to find out how your v8 project is advancing. I have done some research and have found a company in South Africa that will supply a bellhousing that will match your existing gearbox to the lexus v8 using your pajero clutch and a custom made flywheel. This company will also produce a custom sump for your vehicle. If you require this info then please pm me and I will gladly forward it to you. Do you know if the engine bay is big enough to fit the v8 in without moving the radiator?
Hi Neil please advise company details that will supply me with the bellhousing flywheel ect.

regards

Pat J

Lexus V8 Conversion into SWB Pajero

I'm planning to fit a Lexus motor into my SWB Pajero originally fitted with a 4D56 motor, any advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Me again...

yes, the 1UZ does fit into the Pajero engine bay with a few mods here and there. A guy in SA with the name Fanna can supply you with the bellhousing, flywheel and sump, but I've built my own. Had a flywheel turned, we actually built our own bellhousing and I modified the sump to clear the diff. You have to modify the exhaust manifolds and you dont have to shift the radiator forward. I actually shifted my gearbox forward by 40mm.

I'm back....

Sorry for being so quiet... It was very hectic here... I am about to fit my motor after some serious mods... newly built bellhousing, modified flywheel and clutch, home-built exhaust headers to accomodate the Pajexus steering rod, modified oil pan and pick-up to clear the front diff casing etc... pictures to follow soon... Promise... :cool:

yes, the 1UZ does fit into the Pajero engine bay with a few mods here and there. A guy in SA with the name Fanna can supply you with the bellhousing, flywheel and sump, but I've built my own. Had a flywheel turned, we actually built our own bellhousing and I modified the sump to clear the diff. You have to modify the exhaust manifolds and you dont have to shift the radiator forward. I actually shifted my gearbox forward by 40mm.

Yea thanks guys I have meet Fana in person and what a guy, will collect my gearbox in 2 weeks from now

Sorry for being so quiet... It was very hectic here... I am about to fit my motor after some serious mods... newly built bellhousing, modified flywheel and clutch, home-built exhaust headers to accomodate the Pajexus steering rod, modified oil pan and pick-up to clear the front diff casing etc... pictures to follow soon... Promise... :cool:

It’s time for some questions now; Fana has manufactured complete new bell housing with the flywheel and a clutch/pressure plate to fit the conversion.
The motor had been started on the stand and who!!!!!
This SWB Pajero had already been dished out with a 2” body lift kit and wheel spacers, now advice what ells need to be done before the motor been hooked up in the body
Please note that this Pajero will only be for playing and no need to have it looked like an all day road car.

Hi Neil

After all I manage to have the transmission transported to SA and Fana assist with all the necessary help that was needed. He manufactured a complete ne Bell housing with a new manufactured custom made flywheel to fit a slim line clutch/pressure plate. Even the fork was adapted to fit this mod. I will collect the box in 2 weeks from now and again will go through the logistic nightmare to have the box transported to Zambia.
Well even if it means that I need to cut away on the inside of the fenders this conversion will become a reality as we all know by now that boy’s toys just become bigger and more expensive.
At the same time I’m busy with a 1UZ conversion into a Toyota Surf.