1UZ Conversion wiring issue

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

viccelicara23

Hi

Currently in the progress of trying to wire up my 1UZ into my RA28 Celica. I have got the engine to to crank but will not start.

I have checked and I'm getting spark on the drivers side(right hand) bank but no spark on the left hand bank. Have tried swapping the ignitors but it makes no difference.

Have checked and I have continuity of all wires back to the ecu and coils. The injectors on the left hand side are also not opening. Putting it into diagnostic mode I get code 15 sometimes then it will go away and then other time i get code 47.

What are some possible causes of this?

Make sure both igniters are earthed properly.
Are you getting 12v on one of the pins at injector plug, on the side thats not fireing.
Cheer kris

after some suggestions over on this thread on toymods: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/tech-conversions/81877-1uz-conversion-wiring-issue.html

I have found one of the coils to be dodgy it has been replaced and i'm now getting spark on all cylinders. It will now kick but immediately dies.

I made up a noid light and have found that the injectors are only getting 2-3 pulses while cranking and then stops pulsing.

Turning off the fuel pump and cranking it, it will still only get the 2-3 pulses while cranking for longer. This is the same on two different injectors plug one for a cylinder run by each coil, I am hesitant to remove more as the plugs are very brittle and these two clips broke removing them. The coils continue to fire as im getting spark its not stopping when the injectors stop pulsing.

The igniters are well grounded they are currently bolted to the negative terminal of the battery.

I am still also getting the ignition code 15 and throttle position code 47.

The engine is out of a 91 SC400 and has the 40/40/40 pin Ecu.

"the igniter sends an ignition confirmation signal (IGF) to the ECU.
The ECU stops fuel injection as a fail safe function when the IGF signal is not input to the ECU."

check continuity between igf on that igniter and the ecu pin. you may have a break or loose terminal pin

this is if you are in fact getting spark on that coil side