1uz alltrac???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

reaper0995

i saw a guy who put in a lexus v8 into an alltrac, but only made it rwd. now my question is, since the swap is proven that it can be done, does anyone know of a transmission/transfercase combo of some sort and potetially a front diff. to keep an alltrac (celica, 1992, so its an st185) awd? i was thinking along the lines of a rwd tranny with a transfer case from like a chevy or ford (since easy/cheap to come by) and then using some ind. rear susp. diff flipped upside down with custom axles, but that might be pricey for axles...and upside down diff might be hard to mod to make work...any ideas? i'm not too sure on the whole clearancing issues with the transfercase item.. ideas?

the link for the v8 celica
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index....9451aca484656&rev=&reveal=&start=180&count=60

You could use a Skyline GTR box like Autronic or the Toyota Celsior 4wd box.

You can adapt anything if you try hard enough.

1uz alltrac

You could use the transmission setup from an older 4WD Toyota pick-up. They had W58s so it would be easy to bolt up the 1UZ as there a couple of bellhousings available. You would have to do custom driveshafts and figure out where to put the front diff. But anything is possible with time and money....

do you think that the older toy pickup's would be strong enough for a moded 1uz? it seems like certain trannies might work, but they would break easily. and if someone were to go through all the trouble of putting in a v8 into a celica, and not be able to hold larger amounts of power than the original, then whats the point??

its not somuch as whether or not it would hold up, its more of that you would have to lift the car to fit the truck equipment and have ground clearance. I think that Zuffen has the best idea of a skyline box or another idea is a subaru box

Subaru boxes use carrots as ayshafts.

Don't go near them. Guys with standard WRX's blw boxes so what would we do to them?