1999 hilux-lexus conv...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LO99LX

Hi guys firstly what a sweet site i been searching through a whole bunch of posts relating to hiluxs, more precisely, a lexus V8 motor transplant and i think i have found the right web site
ive heard so many conflicting reports so i thought id make a post to find out just how well a V8lexus motor transplants into my model hilux, cost associated etc
my lux is a 99model extra cab MANUAL and as for engine, exhaust mods etc its a stock 2.7L motor. so simply
what is involved in this project like what needs to be fabricated, replaced,chopped etc stuff like do engine mounts line up or not? fuel pump obviously needs modifying etc etc?
which V8 is most suited towards this project?1UZFE? if not then what?
what costs are involved?
im assuming a front cut is the way to go yeah? what extra stuffs need to be bought if i buy a front cut??
this might be waaay too many questions but even if sumone can answer a few of them that would be fantastic cos im a chippy not really a mechanic and my mates who are havent had anything to do with V8 lexus motors etc etc although my mate is putting a 20valve in his old school corrolla atm so i do i have knowledgeable help to do the install without it ending up a backyard bodge job... i noticed sideshow has advertised on his site his prices for hooking up electrics so dude if this project isnt gonna end up costing me 10K or sumthing and i do go ahead with it, id say ill be giving u a call!!!!
i found sum tech articles 1 esp on an earlier hilux than mine does anyone know if it would be a similar conv? similar probs etc?
anywayz enuff from me thanks heaps guys..

im doing this to an 84 lux and it all seems to fit real nice. easyest motors are the crown. ease of wiring mainly. for yours you will probably need the front sump version from a celcior/ls cut trickier in wiring tho but you can mix and match with these things.

I have 98 extra cab with 1uz, 2wd is piece of proverbial, the standard fuel pump works fine, mid sump is ok for 2wd with 2 inch body lift, I am part way into doing a mates 4wd 98 single cab so if yours is 4wd I will let you know of drama,s in the next few weeks, for the 4wd we are using majesta front sump with my crown ecu and stock 5spd and putting the majesta ecu into my lux which still is auto, check out my thread http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803

ok sweet, yeah i 4 got 2 mention mine ISNT a 4B, its a 2WD lux and i guess doing this conv for a 4b your after torque more than speed, im the other way round im hoping that if all goes to plan even if it doesnt beat one my lux may keep up with the likes of SS utes etc....

I just wanted something different, being in a country town every tom dickk and harry,s got a lowered v8 ute so I went 2wd pre runner lifted toyota v8, the best thing is 25mpg 21mpg towing a car and it flys, nothing like overtaking a car thats doin 100kph and floorin it and hearn that 4 cam rev in 2nd to 130, it dont sound anything like a ford or holden