1996 UK LS400 ECU Pinout

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MaccyD

Ok so im pretty new here and am planning on dropping the 1UZ from an R reg LS400 into my S14 200SX.

Ive previously done a 1JZ swap into the same model car with relative ease in terms of wiring. But what seems to be completely elusive is a simple ecu pinout diagram. Not one that says what connects to what as a guide, but just a plain ecu diagram like this:

http://www.jzgte.com/images/tech/1jzecu_diagram.gif

Ive got the engine in a car at the moment so it will be easy enough to label up what will and wont be staying on the loom, but ideally i just want a proper pinout to work from to connect to the S14 chassis loom.

I have done a search but not turned up exactly what i need, but im not sure of chassis codes (i used JZZ30 to do the 1jz wiring) of the ls400 so am worried i will find the wrong diagram.

Any help will be greatly apreciated.

Cheers

Lexus UK runs a technical help service which will give you the exact pinout/ wiring diagram for the ECU of the exact car you have, if you provide them with either the VIN or registration number.

It'll cost a couple of quid ( 85 pence per sheet IIRC) and they can fax or email you the diagram the same day.

It will be accurate and will negate any requirement for guesswork.

Cheers,

Tony

cheers guys.

Tony, this is probably going to sound dumb, but where should i get the contact details for lexus uk. Is it like a technical support number on the official lexus website?

Bushwhacker, those diagrams are good but incredibly time consuming. And it can quite often be dangerous to have the only point of reference being a colour which is subjective.

Pinout diagrams make wiring so easy because you can just quickly do a continuity test to confirm you are in the right spot.

They seem pretty elusive to get hold of!

cheers guys.

Tony, this is probably going to sound dumb, but where should i get the contact details for lexus uk. Is it like a technical support number on the official lexus website?

IIRC we asked a local Lexus garage for the number of their technical helpline. It was about 4 years ago now but I'll dig around for the number amongst my notes and see if I can find it.

Cheers,

Tony

Ok, so as a thread bump, im still struggling. I got through to Lexus service centre (Norwich, UK), and he was kind enough to send me the diagram for free. Unfortunately it was more of a wiring diagram than an actual pinout.

Also, in my wiring endeavours ive also found out i need to get a pinout for a chassis plug (close to the ecu) as this seems to supply powers and earths to the engine. Now i can make a fairly educated guess as to what they are but the devil is in the detail. Id feel much happier knowing what i was cutting off! And also what to connect to what when i get it in the car. Any help or direction would be really appreciated.

Im really struggling with wiring at the moment. 1uz ecu pinouts seem to be fairly elusive, i also have to source a chassis plug for an imported non turbo 200sx, which seems to be like rocking horse doodie lol.