1996 ls 400-interference or not??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
From what I have read it was the power output and not the rpm's when the rods failed... I guess you never know for sure when you look at a broken rod pertruding thru the motor block and when the owner said he was under full throttle when it failed.....

Motors can blow from too lean a fuel mix, bad timing, tuning, over reving, heat, pre detonation, etc.. I would assume most of the UZ rod breaks that were reported happened from too much power... There has been quite a few reports too with the newer weaker rods.....

My baked logic - 500whp minus 350whp = 150whp...That's where I base my finding and logic and it could be more.....All my finding were based from actual found experiences from UZ motors that were blown or in use... No guess work or assumtions were made on these statements... It is what it is...

Ummm, I see your logic, but I think it's flawed in that I don't think you can attribute the extra power to the rods. Rods are something that simply hold together the power producing bits. They don't contribute to the power production, unless they're lighter, or a custom length and improve the L/R ratio, etc. They're sorta like the ARP hardware that we use instead of the OEM hardware, for extra insurance, when we are making power.

Nobody would say the ARP hardware in their motor is good for 150 RWHP more power, and IMO, the rods are the same.

Using your logic, someone is going to think they can take a set of Lextreme's rods, drop them in a 100K motor and make 150 more RWHP. It's not going to happen.

Ummm, I see your logic, but I think it's flawed in that I don't think you can attribute the extra power to the rods. Rods are something that simply hold together the power producing bits. They don't contribute to the power production, unless they're lighter, or a custom length and improve the L/R ratio, etc. They're sorta like the ARP hardware that we use instead of the OEM hardware, for extra insurance, when we are making power.

Nobody would say the ARP hardware in their motor is good for 150 RWHP more power, and IMO, the rods are the same.

Using your logic, someone is going to think they can take a set of Extreme rods, drop them in a 100K motor and make 150 more RWHP. It's not going to happen.

A turbo badge would add 150 h.p though.. Lol....

Unless the engine was running a piggyback ecu etc? I think you'll find that's half the problem.. If it makes enough power to blow engine ?? Then IMO the ecu is way out of its envelope tune wise...Especially if its runing std injectors and fuel pump etc...
The strange part about turbo engines is when boost comes on TOO early and hard the rods suffer also..I have built a few sohc 4.0 Ford falcon engines. Most are completely std internals.. Its the tune that keeps these engines safe...We have a Gt42 and N2O as drag car making 380 rwkw with C16 with out N2O...It has been going now for the last 3 years ...
bringing the boost in at 3500 rpm keeps rods safe.. It could come in strong at 2200 rpm even with that sized turbo.. They are torque engines with 4" stroke besides 800 nm @ 3000 rpm would spin slicks easy...
Nothing like E boost and good well sorted ECU.. Which btw is EMS 8860...

Well, if you can't get an idea of how strong or weak the rods are by past testimonies of reported blown engines due to rod failure then I just really don't know how you can?

Maybe someone can put all the different year rods in a pull and press machine and see what point they actually fail at...Even that wouldn't simulate the operating motion of a moving rod inside an engine though...

John, I do think my statement is in the ball park though and is some what a fair assessment to a certain point of view, but like you said it is not 100% accurate by any means and most people should not take my statement literally but subjectively... Still to further my boast the 92-94 1uz-fe's engines stock internals haven't really been pressed that often in the past to the breaking point as far as I can see...As I said before I have not seen or heard about one blown early model 1uzfe motor period. The interesting thing about that is there has been so many of those 92-94 1uz-fe V8 engines made and out there for so long.. The rods apparently do make a big difference in the motors as everyone already knows..

I challenge anyone to find a 92-94 blown 1uz-fe motor that blew from dishing out too much power..I know the 92-94 motor can be pushed and blown but you just don't see or hear about it happening....With that being said the 150whp difference in the rod strength between motors is basically a conservative assessment when you really think about it.....

People please don't take my word for it, search and seek out for yourself as I have already done for years...

The early 1UZ motors are getting old enough that they either would be replaced or overhauled...In my case I rebuilt replacing rods and pistons...
Most these engines are being bought to be modified and fitted into lighter vehicles...

Well, a personal testomony to the stoutness of the 1992 1uz-fe motor... I have been blasting this 1uz-fe motor of mine with the nitrous (100 shot) for 2 years and (150 shot) for another two years... I use it often too...I am not shy with the nitrous..

As most know when a motor is introduced to nitrous oxide it is very hard on that motor, especially the smaller motors.....With boost there is gradual natural excelleration and rpm climb, but with Nitrous there is extremely aggressive rpm climb that jars the engine internals when it comes on....Most engines can't handle a (150) shot of nitrous for years and years, but guess what the early model 1uz-fe motors can... I've have talked with very experienced engine builders, as good or even more experienced then the heads on this forum....Nascar builders infact... They always tell me the 1uz-fe design is well suited to handle nitrous loads...

My motor still purs like new today, it uses just a bit of oil, maybe one quart every two thousand miles or so and that's it.....You just gotta love these little 1uz-fe motors as they are dirt cheap, very stout, dual overhead cams design aswell, fairly light in weight....I can't think of a better used motor for the price... However, The larger Q45 V8 infinity motor catches my eye too...

It's very obvious I am a HUGE fan of the 92-94 1uz-fe motors and all for good reasons...

Lastly, I have blown two stock trannies with my power output on my SC400, spindle, driveshaft, mounts, etc.. Motor never a question and never had one problem.. I even ran it lean too with the 100 nitrous shot for about a year, and that suprisingly didn't melt the pistons or blow the motor up as my piggy back had a glitch... 130,000 miles on it and still going strong..

The early model 1uz-fe just keeps going, and going, and going just like the engizer bunny....:smoker: