1995 ONLY LS/SC400 Intakes?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

83GT400

Concerning intakes, I know that they changed the MAF design in 95, it
was no longer the trap-door type MAF box.

I know that Injen offer's an intake for the 92-95 SC400, but since 95 had a different MAF, wouldnt that make it not compatible with the intakes design to suit the trap-door MAF?

So far I have found no specific 95 Lexus V8 intake systems. If anyone has the Injen kit on their 1995 LS/SC400, could you confirm that it works?

As I'm typing this it occured to me that if you had the Injen kit, and the 95 motor, the MAF adapater included for the early MAF would just be not included in installation alltogether. It's only a question for me because I'm not sure how the 95 MAF connects to the rest of the intake tubing from both ends.

If I just answered my own question (that it all goes together the same without the -1994 MAF adapter) let me know, thanks guys.

I am glad u post this thread. My LS520 is trying to start but my mechanic told me OBDII indicated bad MAF. Yes 1995 MAF is different from the previous years. I contacted my Lexus Dealer and they stated 1995 to 1997 SC400 has the same MAF.

Yeah that's what I thought. But do the 95-97 (97- had a completely different intake manifold, right?) MAFs hook to a cone filter without a MAF filter adapter the same as a 89-94 MAF WITH a filter adapter?

I was just simply pointing out that the way they connect to the airbox is different.
1994, uses bolts:
4634284_34.jpg

1995, looks like some sort of slip on deal:
!BcGywBg!2k~$(KGrHqIH-CoEquZ7NEfiBKzBjbgCJw~~_3.jpg

The Injen intake comes with the billet adapter, which obviously wont bolt to the 95-96 MAF. My guess is that you just get rid of the adapter alltogether for the 95.

IS2085P-2.jpg

Dont waste your money on that Injen inatake. I don't know if you were using it as reference but the stock airbox + BFI intake mod will make more hp than that will. I bought one and all it did was make a nice sunction aound under WOT, I lost low end power and couldn't feel any gain up top either. If your dead set on getting it tho, the 92 SC400 will fit your early LS400. Even with the cool heat shield it wont shield much, there's absolutely no fresh air coming from outside, thats why the factory intake redirects the flow from the grille opening.

As far as AFR meters go the 1995+ is going to just have different mounting, like David said the sensor itself should be the same.

Franky if your willing to custom fab one up, you could direct it down into the lower front bumper opening for a "true" CAI.

There are a few CAI's for the VVTi SC400, LS400 and GS400's from SRT but they are completely different than the early non VVt setups.

Also that funny box below the intake on the geunine ones, kind of like a muffler or plenum, it actually gives more HP than a straight aftermarket pipe. (for you N/A guys)

I got stainless (home made, but im FI)

Dont waste your money on that Injen inatake. I don't know if you were using it as reference but the stock airbox + BFI intake mod will make more hp than that will. I bought one and all it did was make a nice sunction aound under WOT, I lost low end power and couldn't feel any gain up top either. If your dead set on getting it tho, the 92 SC400 will fit your early LS400. Even with the cool heat shield it wont shield much, there's absolutely no fresh air coming from outside, thats why the factory intake redirects the flow from the grille opening.

As far as AFR meters go the 1995+ is going to just have different mounting, like David said the sensor itself should be the same.

Franky if your willing to custom fab one up, you could direct it down into the lower front bumper opening for a "true" CAI.

There are a few CAI's for the VVTi SC400, LS400 and GS400's from SRT but they are completely different than the early non VVt setups.
You're right on. Don't waste the money on the short ram intake. I custom-built an intake like the Injen but didn't feel any gain at all. The only time when you gain power is a true CAI with the air filter pod underneath the headlight. But you should drive it slowly in the rain and shouldn't submerge it in the water.