Standalone ECU Wiring up Microtech ECU. No spark!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

200sx-v8

I have wired up a Microtech lt8s ecu to my 1uzfe. Everything looks to be working and wired correct, but there is no spark. I was not quite sure about the wiring of the igniters, because there was some diffrences between the diagram that came with the Microtech ecu and the diagram I found on the Lextreme webpage. But I followed the Lextreme diagram and think I sorted it out.

Is there any way I can test the igniters? I tried to measure the ignition outputs from the Ecu, but wasn't too easy. I did see that there was some voltage there when cranking. I tried the same on the outputs form the igniters, but there I got nothing.

All tips are apreciated!

If you are using the factory 1UZ ignitors, then throw away the Microtech diagram, is not even close to right.

I can't remember off the top of my head what wires are what, but I have it written down at home.

Pointers:

Earth the BODY of the ignitor, not one of the pins.
One pin is +12v IGN in.
One pin is Coil -ve out.
One pin is Microtech Signal in.
I can't remember whether it was IGT or IGF that was the input, I did it with trial and error until it worked.

Another thing to point out is that both cam/crank angle sensors will need to be working before you get spark.
If you have a laptop the RPM readout will be ~400rpm while cranking after a couple of revs.
If that sits on 0, then you haven't hooked up the sensors correctly, and it won't send the signal to the ignitors.

Attachments

• power.JPG
    power.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 14
I have wired it like this:

1: Igt, input from ecu
2: Not used, Igf
3: + 12v
4: Not used, tach
5: Output to coil

Think that should be correct.

I get a rpm reading on the laptop when cranking, so I assume the wiring of the crank\cam sensors are correct.

Excellent news.

Had I not wired up a mates car (boat actually) and written down what I did I would have never remembered.

We just did it with trial and error until we had spark.

I have LT8S as the LT10S wasn't released when I got mine.

No issues with the ecu, great bang for buck.

Only downsides are that it doesn't have closed loop fuel control, and can't control the factory stepper idle motor.

I have used these on several other engines, with very good results. Nissans, Suzuki, Audi.

Very easy to wire and tune. Havent started my 1uz with it yet, but I soon will.

I also have a lt8s.

have 1uzfe in ac cobra replica using microtech lt8s,easy to wire,starts and runs well on factory map,yet to be tuned.have hand controller so don't need to use laptop to tune,no aircon so idle air control not needed.....have had a leaking head gasket but cannot give any info to parts suppliers in aus. as the motor was import not fitted to vehicle. .. i think the motor is 1st gen. (eng. no. 00140744) hoping someone here can help with info on how to tell which motor this..what to look for? do the same head gaskets fit all 1uzfe. has anyone used the multi-layer steel gaskets?not having to retension seems abig win.are they tensioned the same as the o.e.m.gaskets?any help appreciated...ashow

Welcom Ashow and another 1uz cobra,

Go to the oem parts section of this forum and order the gaskets from there. Lex won't even give you a vacant look like the spares counter at your local dealer.

thanks cobber, particularly interested in multilayer steel head gaskets. have had so much conflicting info from aus parts suppliers that i'm hoping to get info from this site to determine just which motor i have and also if the same head gaskets fit all 1uzfe motors.