What Do You Think?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I recently took my engine parts for a local powder coating shop and they made few mistakes on it and I was very unhappy. The second time I took another set back and they still made some minor mistakes and I took some parts back again for re-do and then they use different grade of gloss and mess up my matching setup. So I decided to do powder coating myself. Got a powder coating kit off ebay and some Harley Black textured powder. I also got a double electric oven that I got for $75. I hired an electrician and so my oven is ready to go. So I clean out a test part really good and here is the result. The first picture was before and others are after.

If any Socal local guys want some parts to be powder coated, please let me know.

david

Yea... alot better then my local powder coating shop. I was very dissappointed the first, second and third time... So I decided to do my own PC. I will try to do ceramic coating soon. The material is very expensive.

ya dude looks good, if you have the space powder coating at home is way better then taking it to a place. its faster the painting, a lot cheaper to do it home, and kinda fun. the only things at all to worry about is makeing sure the part is very clean, and you dont bump it putting it in the oven.

i posted pics of some parts i powder coated at home a wile back, but i dont feel like going to look them up.

John,

Please do.... and other parts too..... I swear this PC is alot better then my local PC shop. I dont have many color. Right now I just have the HOG Black Texture. If you need different color or texture, please pm me for the source where u can get them. I think alot of shops are careless. I have that experience recently and I have to take it back again.

Why don't we powder-coat the car instead of painting it like normal. It would be 1 in a million custom cars. Just kidding. If there're some exterior parts to be powder coated, such as the rims, they'll be nice.

a whole shell of a car would warp if you where to heat it to 400deg. and if you got past that, the powder wont stick to bondo. so the metal would have to be perfect.

Here is what I paid:
* Double Electric Oven - $75
* Powder Coating Kit - $99
* Powder - $35 for 2 lbs
* Electrician Charged for 220V Wiring - $300

It is pretty simple. The pipe was my first try and the Fish was my second try. So they both came out great. There are many videos on Youtube to the whole process. Here is the condense version:

* Clean the parts well
* Pre heat the parts for 10-15 minutes
* Spray the powder and make sure all surfaces are cover
* Bake for 17-20 minutes at 500 degree
* Let it cool for 30 minutes.

DONE!