Project Thread Time for the T88 soare to have an Engine built!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Turbo4L

Hey guys, just thougth i'd give evryone an update on our Soarer with the T88-38GK stapped to it.

We took it to the drags a few weeks ago and one of the head gaskets let go.

We are slpping it back together for now with some harder valve springs.

The guys at Gas Motorsports are mates of ours and we are going to work together with building some new built motors off the self if we can.

We (Hypertune) will try to make some semi full billet intakes for these motors once we have gotten further with the engine building.

There will be two early model 1uz's dropped off to Gas early next week, they will then strip them down and start looking at the blocks pistons heads and rods. We will be sourcing block girdles off lextreme.com as well as oil jets for piston cooling.

If we can we are also going to try and build some cheaper 400hp na kits for people that don't want to go FI straight away.Will will try to use the stock motor to go up to 450hp also.

A lot of this is up in the air at the moement, but we will betrying some different things out.

The motor going in the soarer will be staying a 4 l at this point.it will have major head and valvetrain work. This motor will be built on the idea of reving it to 10-10.5K.
Yes i know thats a lot but we at least want a solid 9500rpm.
This motor will be designed to make 1000hp at the wheels on the street, on pump gas.Should run 150mph plus at the drags and then run over 330kph and also drift like a champ.

This car was built in the begining over 1000hp, it now looks like its going to get it

Gas rev their 3L street motors to 9200rpm.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Cheers

Yeah that would be with stock bottom ends. we will see what power can be made out of them.That would be with a new intake manifold ,90mm tb and a set of exchange heads fitted with a set of cams and other things.

Hey Justen how much power did you make?Also we will be racing at Compact attack, if your coming up we should meet up.We have our new 15x10 weld magnums in gold rapped in 275/60/15 M/T street radials, all ready to go.

Yeah that would be with stock bottom ends. we will see what power can be made out of them.That would be with a new intake manifold ,90mm tb and a set of exchange heads fitted with a set of cams and other things.

Would be nice to have something that revs like a bastard and has an aggresive idle,thats one thing you dont really have with a 1uz,it idles just too smooth.

Hey Justen how much power did you make?Also we will be racing at Compact attack, if your coming up we should meet up.We have our new 15x10 weld magnums in gold rapped in 275/60/15 M/T street radials, all ready to go.

See here

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1238&page=9

It wasn't about the power (or the boost for that matter),, have a look at the torque gains :)

Car isn't set up for the drags and the rear outer GT4 CVs are a known weak point so no point even trying my MTs until i sort this issue. In short,, nah won't be at Compact Attack.....i don't think there's a class i can run anyways?

Hey guys sorry for the delay but the owner of the car has been saving for a house so things where put on hold.

Don't worry things are now back on track.
He has now gotten new Wiesco custom pistons with custom K1 rods. pistons with upgraded pin and rods with ARP 3.5 rod bolts.

He has organised a set of the cool cnc ported heads and will be using dual valve springs with ti retainers.

cams aren't set in concrete but looks to be around 280 with about 12mm of lift. should have a few pics in the next week or so of some of the parts.