so yeah anyone like TOOL?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tacoma_Kyle

I had the honor of seeing them in Portland at the Memorial Coliseum. ***** amazing show....unbelievable. I wasn't high either lol (nor do I).

Well worth the shitload in gas, tired as hell, and 10 hours of driving. Holy ***** ****----best of the three shows I have seen from them. It would make great live footage if they got a live DVD cookin.

Trans Am opened for them. Didnt know until yesterday morning lol. They are a synth-rock type band. Pretty bad-ass. The bass, electric and drummer. The electric and drummer worked great together. On one of the tracks the bass guy went and did some keyboard ****. They were pretty decent.

Then there is the real uncommon ****---show guests. Pat Mastelotto and Trey Gunn from King Crimson. I dont know how was who but outta no where after they came on after Trans Am. They had outta the loop style and it was ***** awesome. They also came back 1/2 way through Lateralus (from TOOL if you didnt know) and did a 5-minute bit kinda tag-teaming on the drums with Danny (from TOOL, drums). It was ***** bad ass---that took some practice.

The light show was off the fuckin hook. Incredible....they also had smoke machines goin the entire time (at Memorial Coliseum, indoors) so they light beams would be visible.

Oh yeah track listing-

Stinkfist
Schism (little extended in middle)
Jambi
10,000 Days parts 1+2
Vicarious
Rosetta Stoned
Lateralus (extended with guests)
46 & 2
Flood (extended---badass)
One other I always forget the title to on Aenema

So yeah this sure as hell isnt my photo, came up on a TOOL website. Great shot, someone inside a control booth I think. They should put somethin like TA lined over it to keep from being stolen...well it was just taken on a iPhone so I guess its not too big of a deal lol. That kinda make me want one just so I have a decent camera. Oh and it was from the Portland show, I remember exactly when as well lol...

portshow.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Adam-Jones...ryZ53281QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOOL-BAND-SIGNE...yZ104410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ok check those out. Those are signed venue posters, only for sale at the venue, very limited quantities. They cost 80 bucks a piece. Before you say....your a TOOL tool, read on. Not many knew about them, they were for sale with the rest but the sig's were subtle and the price was 80 so people were like 'WTF a 80 dollar poster?'. So yeah I have one from the Portland show I am ganna get framed, I'm ganna make a fram outta Black Walnut cause my dad has a little at my parents house.

Yeah, I like tools.....Craftsman tools are the best....

No, serious are you trying to promote this band Tool on Lextreme? I've never heard of Stool...Ooops I mean tool....What are they a grunge band? What kind of music do they play?

They are my fav band,and i wouldnt be lying if i said i was sitting in front of this computer with a TOOL shirt on.I saw thes guys in 2002 and just this year at Perth's Big Day Out festivaldoing the 10,000 days tour.Altough it was out sideand we were so far from the stage as the missus is short and couldnt see,the sound was blown away by the damn wind so didnt enjoy as much as i could of but awesome anyways.

BTW,Danny Carey is god!!!

I like Pink Floyd.... If one is to experience Pink Floyd one must get baked though..:439: .Kinda like the Greatful Dead and Carlos Santana concerts, you just don't see too many sober people at those venues...... Dark Side of the moon is classic.... I will check out Tool....

Iv often heard them put in the Art Metal catagory.They have heavy guiters/drums and lyrics but it aint your usual head banging crap.Their songs are long and often tell a complete story,just awsome and not overrated.

I dont think if you like pink floyd you will like these guys but the music style is very much the same.

Yeah I wouldn't put them in at the same level as pink floyd, b/c pink floyd art at its finest. Tool is pretty good except that most of there songs sort of sound the same. They got into sort of a rythym that worked and just stuck with it, giving their most of their music a similar sound. Pink Floyd is just so diverse it's amazing. I bet that tools producers had something to do with why their songs sound alike though. I bet its just b/c when their songs started to become famous their producers prob told them to make a song sound very similar to eachother. Producers are infamous for doing this and driving great musical bands into the ground due to lack of originality. Producers really started doing this heavily in the 90's. Many bands have even been taken to court b/c they refused to make their songs have a similar sound. Ex: Neil Young. He was taken to court b/c he tried to branch out on his musical style, which in turn made that album not sell very well, so he was sued. Stuff like this happens all the time. Sorry about the length but I'm really interested in this sort of stuff. Oh yeah I do like tool though.

I dont know about some of what you said, I will say a lot of TOOL's stuff sound similar in classification and genre, but musicaly---like in terms of how its written? I have to disagree...ok maybe a few tracks at most. Along with that, I either read or saw (dont remember) a interview with some of the band members actually specifying how they are probably one of the last bands with the freedom to do what they want.

Opiate was their first album in 91 I recall. Undertow in 93. Aenema in 96. Lateralus in 2001. 10000 Days in 2006. The gaps are too long to be anything typical...I would expect if a label was to put constraints the first would be more records, especially with their rep...

But they did get in some sort of lawsuit with Volcano Records (label) and it was settled out of court. If I recall correctly the label filed one against TOOL for looking at other labels, apparently. Then TOOL counter-sued for some violation or somethin of the contract.

Actually kind of a funny thing, in my physics class about a month ago were were discussing light waves and the like when he (el professoro) kinda randomly (well kinda...) went off on how great the Dark Side of the Moon is (originally just reffering to the prism on the album cover). It was pretty funny. If it makes a diff he was also a awesome instructor.

Pink Floyd rocks and no other band has it's sound...Very intventive and creative music for it's time....The Dark side of the Moon and The Wall will always be classics.... I can't think of a band that sounds even close to Pink Floyd...