Single turbo conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ruishy1

Im almost finished my HX40 single turbo conversion on a 1uzfe engine ( waiting on 2 more lengths of 2 inch mild steel pipe and the T3 divided flange)
Im going to fit it into an sc400 wheni get one but i dont have one yet, can someone tell me how much room there is with the battery removed ?
I cant move any further forward without an idea of room so i can place the turbo without fouling anything when i fit it into an sc400 :(

Oh and ive made a nice little discovery, if your doing a single turbo conversion with a garret style turbo, this oil line kit fits the standard oil pressure switch and is the perfect length if you mount the turbo where the battery is :D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110460401539

Last edited:
Hey, I am not trying to thread-jack in any way, but since I have a Holset HX35 and its fairly similar to the HX40.

I just wanted to know how you are to run the exhaust piping to the turbo?

And also how are you going to support the weight of the turbo?

Not a problem, the piping i cant really describe, il try and grab a few pics during the week to show.
Im using tig welded 3mm wall mid steel piping that has gusset brackets, plus a couple of supports bolted to various parts of the engine. the turbo im going to weld a small support where the battery would sit and bolt it to the flange of the turbo.

Thank you for your help, Ive been doing some research on the 1uz turbo setup, and it seems like there will be plenty of room once you convert to electric fans.

quick question guys, where does everyone with a single turbo mounted where the battery is route the downpipe ?