New GT line

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme

Administrator
Staff member
Im sure many of you have already heard about this.

Lexus is coming out with a new performance line, similar to AMG and //M

Lexus will be terming it GT.

Instead of forced induction, Lexus has opted for a different route, hybridization. This results in the same power as FI, but with amazing mileage.

Rumors have it that the GS350GT (due out later this year i hear) will have 300 hp 3.5 liter v6 and a 170 hp electric motor.

The LS500GT (due out i think next year) is said to have a 400 hp 5 litre v8 mated to a 200 hp electric motor.

The IS350GT is still unsure on details, although no mention of a hybrid yet.

The GS is expected to have 60+ mpg while the LS should hit 50.

First, understand that the hp numbers cannot simply be added up on an electric and gas motor.

But its also important to realize that electric motors have torque available at 0 rpm!
4848.jpg

4849.jpg

those MPG estimates seem way optimisitc, considering the tiny 4-banger hybrids are barely getting that these days. I gave into temptation and bought an '05 G35 6MT Sedan (298HP) two weeks ago, so I am going to have to hold off buying another new car for a couple of years. Hopefully in that time some of this technology will be mature enough to be tempting.

I dont think they could do that, i mean how long would the batteries last to run a car by itself? Say you go on a long trip on the highway nonstop, i doubt the batteries would last for hours. They probebly do something inbetween. Just out of curiousity how much would a 170 or 200 HP electric motor weigh? Or how big? Then there is a huge weighload for batteries, does it all come out to a regular weighing car or will this car weigh a lot more? just wondering...

The Toyota Prius (spelling?) uses battery power to increase the vehicles performance when it needs to accelarate/climb a hill as the stock engine would be hard pressed to drag the car up any hill.

According to information I've read the batteries are only good for a minute or two of assistance before they are flat and the poor car reverts to snail mode on hills.

On this basis getting the heavier lexus to go any usefull distance on batteries alone is out of the question.